[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - DayView.exe missing

DayView.exe missing

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

DayView.exe missing

Postby Cloudy » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:05 pm

Well looks like I found a bug in the software :lol:

After messing around with the shared (public) calendar and being unable to find the standalone DayView.exe application I decided to contact Support directly.

And I just got a mail that it seems that DayView.exe is indeed missing from the Barca Pro directory.

So just in-case other people are looking for this. In Barca 2.8.0.4400 this file is missing.
Barca Pro 2.8 | PocoMail 4.8 | myInfoToGo 2.1

"Imagination is more important then knowledge" --Albert Einstein
Cloudy
Frequent Visitor

Postby Tomas » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:07 am

I meant to reply to your original post mentioning this here, but I'm waiting for some more information. Anyway, if anyone is missing the file (not many I guess, you were the first to ask in a long time), best way is to contact support, I suppose the file will be available through the helpdesk, for the meantime until the installer gets fixed.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Cloudy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:22 am

Ah, you ARE the same Thomas as the one from support ? (I didn't notice that before :lol: ).

Yeah, it looks like most people don't "need" DayView.exe (I guess most use Barca Pro ?).

Anyway I though I'd just make a quick post here letting people know it's missing from the installer at this moment so IF someone is looking for it they know it's a known problem and you are trying to fix it.

Maybe I had to add to my original post that they could contact you (support) if they were looking for this file.

Cloudy
Frequent Visitor

Postby Tomas » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:40 am

Yes, I'm a bit hidden, but I was a regular user before (my helpdesk times) thus I've kept that unofficial status. After all, when on forum I feel more like a user then a support person :).

DayView.exe is now available, so anyone interested please contact support, it will be available by email (as RAR archive, about 1MB), or for download (no archive but DayView.exe).
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Cloudy » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:02 pm

Yes, I'm a bit hidden, but I was a regular user before (my helpdesk times) thus I've kept that unofficial status.

Ah, that explains it. I know some others who were "regular" forum members before they were hired by the company and most took 2 accounts.

1 "Official" which had a different color (feature in phpBB) so the name would stick out. And an official title (like Support). and 1 "private" or the one they had before that with their nickname.

sometimes confusing but most stopped using the private one and used the "official" one.

DayView.exe is now available

Thanks !

Just a question, IF I put this in the Barca Pro directory will it be deployed when creating a new public calender and having "deploy" set or do I have to manually upload the file to the public calendar ?

Cloudy
Frequent Visitor

Postby Tomas » Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:32 pm

Cloudy wrote:Just a question, IF I put this in the Barca Pro directory will it be deployed when creating a new public calender and having "deploy" set or do I have to manually upload the file to the public calendar ?

I'm a bit behind so I didn't test it yet, but yes, that's how it shall work. It shall be put where BarcaPro.exe is located, then it shall be deployable.

Though I'll be testing it this week to confirm whether and how that works.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Cloudy » Sun Aug 02, 2009 7:05 pm

Thanks,

I tried it myself (copied DayView.exe to the directory where BarcaPro.exe is located) with an existing public calendar and it didn't seem to publish the DayView application but maybe I'm doing something wrong ?

Cloudy
Frequent Visitor

Postby Cloudy » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:31 pm

I created a new public calendar to test and it's still not working correctly.

I checked the box to publish DayView with the calendar and when I click OK to close the window Barca gives a message that it needs to restart for the changes to take effect.

But after a restart ONLY the calendar.pcal is on my FTP server and not DayView. Also when I look at the settings the "publish DayView" check-box is no longer checked so it seems like the program is disabling this option automatically when it get's started (if you don't restart and go back to the public calendar settings the check-box is checked so it's not unchecked the moment you hit the OK button).

Cloudy
Frequent Visitor

Return to Barca Help and How-To