[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Message formatting ?

Message formatting ?

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Message formatting ?

Postby Cloudy » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:14 am

I've made various templated for Sending, Replying, Forwarding and Redirecting email (Eric you know the Dutch for Redirect in this context since I guess "doorsturen" is for Forwarding).

Anyway, All the templates are based on my Send template and they are all formatted with text colors and font sizes (to make it look nicer then just plain text).

Now I noticed that when I send a mail with the send template the email is received and the formatting is maintained, my name is in a bit larger font and bold in blue, some other information is a smaller font and grey and the time I send the mail (well I guess it's the time I clicked the "new mail" button) is in green.

But when I forward or reply a message in the compose window it looks correct (styled and colored) but when it's received ALL that formatting is stripped.

So when I send a mail to myself to test that email is correct but when I reply to that email I receive it all in plain text (no font sizes, no colors, the body of the original message should be italic but it isn't, ...

What is the problem here ?
I checked the template and it's set to "Styled"

Oh, I just noticed (why didn't I look at it before :lol: ) when I click the reply button in Barca 2 it opens the correct template but it's set to "plain" by default and not "styled" so I guess that's the problem.

So by default a new mail in "styled" and a reply or forwarded mail is send in "plain" ?

Guess I need to look in the settings where this is set and adjust it.
Barca Pro 2.8 | PocoMail 4.8 | myInfoToGo 2.1

"Imagination is more important then knowledge" --Albert Einstein
Cloudy
Frequent Visitor

Re: Message formatting ?

Postby Tomas » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:14 am

Cloudy wrote:Oh, I just noticed (why didn't I look at it before :lol: ) when I click the reply button in Barca 2 it opens the correct template but it's set to "plain" by default and not "styled" so I guess that's the problem.

So by default a new mail in "styled" and a reply or forwarded mail is send in "plain" ?

Guess I need to look in the settings where this is set and adjust it.

Yes that's it. The format defaults (I think) to the format of the message you are replying too. In Options, Message Format, you shall set it to Always use this message format: Just Styled.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to Barca Help and How-To