[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Special Mailboxes

Special Mailboxes

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Special Mailboxes

Postby douglas » Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:55 pm

How do I use the Special Mailboxes. Specifically, what controls the mail in the New Mail mailbox. I know that it shows newly arrved mail, but if I delete the mail from there, does it also delete the email from the In box, or wherever it is. Also, what controls how long it stays in the mailbox.
Ron Douglas
douglas
Poco Tourist

Postby Michael » Sat Sep 11, 2004 5:16 am

I don't use the New Mail mailbox so these comments may not be accurate.

The New Mail mailbox is a virtual mailbox. No actual messages are stored in this mailbox but a rather stored in other mailboxes within the Poco mail store.

The messages stay in the mailbox for 24 hours, after that time they are removed from this time (but not from their source mailboxes).

I believe there are two options for deleting messages from the New Mail mailbox, one (Ctrl+Delete) deletes the message from both the New Mail mailbox and the source one, the other (Delete) simply removes the message from New Mail leaving it in the source mailbox. As I said earlier, I don't use the New Mail mailbox so I would advise testing this to ensure it is accurate.
Michael

Return to Barca Help and How-To