[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Need help with filters

Need help with filters

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Need help with filters

Postby plong » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:09 am

When I get mail from either of two names containing either of two subjects, I want to move this mail to a specific folder.

Let's say the mail could come from either name1 or name2. The subjects could be either subject1 or subject2.

I can see how to set up four filters to achieve my goal: "name1 and subject1", "name1 and subject2", etc. Four filters isn't so awful, but add another user to the list and it starts to get out of hand.

What I want to do is: (name1 or name2) AND (subject1 or subject2). But I don't see how to do this.

Any thoughts?

Philip
plong
New Arrival

Postby MarkB » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:42 am

As you know, filters do not support parentheses or other groupers. If Poco's filters honored normal operator precedence, where and gets evaluated before or, this filter should work:
name1 and subject1 or name1 and subject2 or name2 and subject1 or, etc.
But Poco's filters do not appear to support operator precedence, and in any case they limit the number of searches allowed in any one filter (to 6?). I think you will find that your problem has a complexity that cannot be reduced to fit one filter. Someone prove me wrong. :)

Here's a two-filter method that uses the "stop processing" action.
Filter 1:
if not subject1 and not subject2 then stop processing
Filter 2:
if name1 or name2 or name3 or name4 then move to folder
MarkB
Poco Enthusiast

Return to Barca Help and How-To