[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Decoding Multi Part Attachments [Mod: NOD32 tag problem]

Decoding Multi Part Attachments [Mod: NOD32 tag problem]

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Decoding Multi Part Attachments [Mod: NOD32 tag problem]

Postby Jeff_Gaines » Wed Oct 28, 2009 11:32 am

A/V ESET NOD 4 (64 bit)
Email: Barca 2.8.0.4400 - installed on D: drive to avoid possible permissions issues with data in same directory.

I have had 2 emails in the last 3 days each with binary attachments (pdf, jpg, doc and xls). Barca recognises there are attachments but saves them as text files att__0.txt, att__1.txt etc.

I have just spent 3 hours on the phone with a colleague and he have discovered that looking at the raw messages on the server via webmail they are fine. When I down-load them Barca (or something) is putting spurious blank lines in the encoded file which corrupts the files. Barca also changes the original delimiter names to its own which shouldn't be a problem on its own if these additional lines didn't appear.

I really don't know where quite to start looking for the problem. Test emails to myself are fine, a test from my colleague had 1 picture decoded fine and the 2nd corrupted.

I will install TheBat! temporarily tomorrow and see what that makes of them.

Can anybody suggest where I need to start looking for the cause of this please? I didn't have the problem when running the Win 7 public RC, have I found a bug in the retail version???
Jeff_Gaines
Poco Tourist

Postby Jeff_Gaines » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:46 pm

I have now installed TheBat! and re-collected the problem emails.
The attachments decoded fine so this does look like a problem with Barca.
Jeff_Gaines
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:06 am

Barca nor PocoMail support Windows 7 at present, so bugs may always be present. :?

If not too confidential, send that message as an attachment to Poco Support for further investigation.

Refer to this thread. ;)
Eric

[SOLVED] Decoding Multi Part Attachments

Postby Jeff_Gaines » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:06 am

This was apparently caused by the tag that ESET NOD inserts into emails, turning off that function in NOD has fixed the issue.

Many thanks to Tomas at Pocosystems for his help!
Jeff_Gaines
Poco Tourist

Postby Ricardo » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:43 am

Thanks for the nod32 hint, I just started seeing this today (ESET smart security).
Ricardo
Frequent Visitor

Postby robin » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:29 am

Eric wrote:Barca nor PocoMail support Windows 7 at present, so bugs may always be present. :?

As an aside I'm running Poco on Win7 Pro 64-bit and have seen no problems.
robin

Return to Barca Help and How-To