[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Socket Error # 11004 in Barca 2 (Yahoo! Mail Plus)

Socket Error # 11004 in Barca 2 (Yahoo! Mail Plus)

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Socket Error # 11004 in Barca 2 (Yahoo! Mail Plus)

Postby pcvchriskmg » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:48 am

I can't download mail off of my Yahoo! Plus account. I've been playing with this thing all afternoon. I was able to download new email messages using two different programs 5 minutes ago (Windows Live Mail and The Bat!). However, no problem downloading Gmail Pop messages. But I can't send messages from my gmail account using Barca. I know what socket error 11004 is, and I understand it is not a software issue, but how can we account for two other programs having no issues downloading the mail? The settings I have input are correct. Is there something else within the program I could be missing? I've used a lot of email applications in the past; I know how to set these things up. Anyone have any suggestions?
pcvchriskmg
New Arrival

Re: Socket Error # 11004 in Barca 2 (Yahoo! Mail Plus)

Postby Eric » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:41 am

Hi pcvchriskmg & welcome to Poco Forums, :D
pcvchriskmg wrote:I can't download mail off of my Yahoo! Plus account.
Weird, but perhaps you missed a little detail when configuring your account in Barca :?:
Delete that account and start again.
I've been playing with this thing all afternoon. I was able to download new email messages using two different programs 5 minutes ago (Windows Live Mail and The Bat!). However, no problem downloading Gmail Pop messages. But I can't send messages from my gmail account using Barca.
Have a look at Can I use Gmail with POCO.
I know what socket error 11004 is, and I understand it is not a software issue, but how can we account for two other programs having no issues downloading the mail? The settings I have input are correct. Is there something else within the program I could be missing?
The only thing I can think off right now is a mistake while configuring your account. Or else something is blocking the outgoing connection.
Maybe your firewall blocks Barca or some other security tool. :?

It works here, whether POP or IMAP, so it should work for you too.
BTW Are there two problems, since you're talking about being unable to download mail from your Yahoo! Plus account and sending from your Gmail account?

Hope that helps finding the problem & have a nice weekend. ;)
Eric

Postby pcvchriskmg » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:04 am

The issue just went away. I didn't change anything, and all of a sudden I downloaded all of my mail. I haven't tried to email from the gmail account, though, since I'm experiencing a new problem when composing a message. (please see the new post)
pcvchriskmg
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:10 am

pcvchriskmg wrote:The issue just went away. I didn't change anything, and all of a sudden I downloaded all of my mail.
I guess that's a problem from your ISP. :?
I haven't tried to email from the gmail account, though, since I'm experiencing a new problem when composing a message. (please see the new post)
Try it out, it should work. :wink:
Eric

Postby daywalker20 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:17 pm

i didnt see a solution to this one here so i thought i'd post it.
According to this technet article a Socket error #11004 is a DNS timeout issue, not an issue with the ts server itself.
the easy work around is to use the IP address in the server address field instead of the hostname.

I hope that helps.C
daywalker20
New Arrival

Return to Barca Help and How-To