[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Original text not quoted in replies in Barca?

Original text not quoted in replies in Barca?

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Original text not quoted in replies in Barca?

Postby Ben » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:01 pm

Hi,
When hitting 'reply' to a reply, and the original email contains an HTML signature with graphic, Barca brings up a new template but without the original text quoted. That's regardless of whether the text is highlighted or not.

This does not happen with regular non-template replies.

Is there a cure?

I use Win7 - migrated Barca from XP without any problems, but I don't remember if this 'reply' problem occurred in XP.

Thanks
Ben
Ben
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:04 am

Did you include
Code: Select all
%qbody%
within your template :?:
Eric

Postby chrisretusn » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:26 pm

I have noticed a similar problem but thought is was just something strange in the HTML code. Now that Ben has mentioned about graphics in signatures I am seeing a similar thing.

In my case the reply window comes up empty, nothing quoted, no headers either. I have enabled Automatic Headers in Options for Rely with this set of tags:

== Original Message ========================
Subj: %header%:"subject"
Date: %sent%

Note: I added the %body% after reading your post Eric, also tried %qbody% with negative results.

My work around is to select all of the message using Ctrl-A or only part of the messages I want to quote.
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Ben » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:54 am

Adding %qbody% worked, insofar as it adds the whole original message. There doesn't seem to be a way of quoting just part of the original message (unless you use the quote bar, which just makes the whole replying take more steps than should be necessary).

With other email programs you simply highlight the part you wish to reply to and hit reply, and that is the only part that is then quoted.

Maybe I don't understand Barca well enough, so I am happy to be corrected here.

Ben
Ben
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:04 am

Ben wrote:Adding %qbody% worked, insofar as it adds the whole original message. There doesn't seem to be a way of quoting just part of the original message (unless you use the quote bar, which just makes the whole replying take more steps than should be necessary).
The Quote bar works well. I do use it a lot, so I don't have to quote the original message. :)
With other email programs you simply highlight the part you wish to reply to and hit reply, and that is the only part that is then quoted.
If you select text in the Preview window and press Reply, does it still not quote that part?

Works here under Vista, but that's the previous OS, sorry. :?
Eric

Postby Ben » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:01 pm

Not sure what you mean by the 'Preview' window.

If I highlight text in the quote bar, it pastes only that text.

If you highlight text in the message text window and then hit reply it simply quotes the full text length regardless of what is highligted (unless Quote Text in Reply is unticked in options).

Guss we'll leave things for now until such time the program gets updated for Win7.

Ben
Ben
Drop-in Visitor

Return to Barca Help and How-To