[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Safe Hex

Safe Hex

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Safe Hex

Postby jbn10161 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:08 am

If the "Sanitize HTML" toggle is on, but the "Download Message Images" option is also checked, what does Barca do?
jbn10161
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Safe Hex

Postby Eric » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:50 am

jbn10161 wrote:If the "Sanitize HTML" toggle is on, but the "Download Message Images" option is also checked, what does Barca do?
:roll: When Sanitize HTML is enabled, any message viewed in that pane will have its HTML tags sanitized and provide safer viewing.
Download Message Images checked will stop downloading images for any message. Especially useful for stopping inline images, which spammers use a lot to verify your account, so they can send more spam. :?

These options can also be used in filters or events.
Eric

Yes, but...

Postby jbn10161 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:58 am

Thanks Eric. Let me clarify my question a little. What happens with downloadable images when the "Sanitize HTML" option is toggled but the "Download Message Images" is *also* toggled? This is really a combination of two questions:

1. Does the HTML saniitization option include stopping the download of remote images?

2. If so, which has priority, that toggle or the download images toggle?
jbn10161
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Yes, but...

Postby Eric » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:06 am

jbn10161 wrote:1. Does the HTML saniitization option include stopping the download of remote images?
NO, you've to activate both buttons. One for sanitizing and the other for stopping download of images.
Eric

Postby Pete » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:22 am

jbn10161 wrote:If the "Sanitize HTML" toggle is on, but the "Download Message Images" option is also checked, what does Barca do?

Just to try to paraphrase what Eric's saying, I believe that the Sanitize button is a superset of the Image button. So, while the Image button will only prevent image downloading, the Sanitize button will prevent image downloading and also prevent any non-image HTML elements from automatically referencing external sites.

I always use the Sanitize button instead of the Image button.
Last edited by Pete on Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pete

Okay, thanks

Postby jbn10161 » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:22 am

I'm new to Barca, so I may have more questions. The program looks to me like a good blend of the best features of Outlook, Lotus Organizer, and The Bat!
jbn10161
Drop-in Visitor

Return to Barca Help and How-To