[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Problems dragging multiple messages, edit subject and marks

Problems dragging multiple messages, edit subject and marks

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Problems dragging multiple messages, edit subject and marks

Postby Kally » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:36 am

I'm having some strange problems. I have not seen anything like these on the forum, but hope someone can help. I've used Barca and Pocomail before that for years with very few problems. In the last 6 months or so I've had a problem when I drag several emails into a sub-folder. I use Barca for my business and eventually file all the emails from the Inbox into the client folder when I complete a project, same with the Sent box. So, it is not unusual for me to have to move 20 or so emails at a time from the Inbox into the Clients sub-folder. I never had a problem before (over years of use) but now I get an error saying "Cannot open file Mailbox\client-folder". Then I have to close Barca and open it again.

Also, sometimes when I Mark a message, not only that message gets marked, but several other random messages get marked the same color as well.

Something similar happens sometimes when I edit the subject text. Several random emails will have their subjects changed also.

I have tried compressing mailboxes and renaming the barca.ini file. I still get the same problems. The drag and drop error seems to be the most frequent and that is very annoying as I have quite a lot of emails to file on a daily basis.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am running Barca 2 version 2.8.0.4400 on an XP (sp2) system.

Thank You!
Kally
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Tomas » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:26 am

If compressing didn't help, another possibility might be a conflict with an antivirus software.

Try to disable antivirus and test whether that had any effect. Alternatively, some antiviruses allow to set which files or folders not to scan - if that's possible disable your data path from scanning, or files with .mbx and .idb extensions.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Kally » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:32 pm

Thanks for your reply. I tried disabling my antivrus, but it didn't seem to help. I tried compressing all folders then renaming the ini file again. This time I lost all of my configuration settings, so had to redo those (at least the ones I remembered). So far everything seems okay, but the problems are intermittent, so I'll post another reply if I have problems again in the next day or so.

The one setting I can't find is to include the headers when I forward an email. In options > sending mail > quoting text "insert headers" is checked and the code is there for sent, sender, from, full name, email, but when I click on forward in an email, there are no headers. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks!
Kally
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Kally » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:57 pm

I fixed the "headers on forward" problem by manually updating the .ini file. It's working now. All of my other configurations were being updated in the .ini file, but not this one. Very odd.

Okay, back on topic. ... I haven't had any further problems since the last compress folders and rename .ini, so I'm hopeful!
Kally
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Kally » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:17 am

That didn't fix the problem, within a day or two I was having the same problems again.
However I just tried disabling my virus protection (Kaspersky) for a few minutes (per Tomas' advice) and then went back into Barca and I was able to drag emails from my Inbox or Sent box with no problems.

This drag and drop problem is a huge annoyance, enough to make me want to switch mail clients. Dragging and dropping emails into the client folders is crucial to keeping organized. I don't like to disable my virus protection. In Kaspersky, I don't see a way to disable the data path from scanning, or files with .mbx and .idb extensions. I'll have to research that further. But wouldn't that disable my email virus protection? If a problem pops up on a scan, that's usually where it is.

So, I have been seriously considering switching to something else. But, there are features Barca has that I don't want to lose.

Anyway, thanks Tomas, for your advice about the virus scanner. That is obviously what is causing the problem there.
Kally
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Tomas » Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Kally wrote:But wouldn't that disable my email virus protection?

I can't speak for Kaspersky but with most antivirus programs you are covered more than once, so typically Kaspersky would scan incoming emails as they are downloaded from the server, then again it would scan the file In.mbx once it's opened or manipulated with (eg. saved to, script run against it, compressed,..). If you'll disable .mbx files or the Pocomail data path, Kaspersky would still scan incoming emails as they are downloaded (if that kind of protection is enabled).
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to Barca Help and How-To