[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Converting received formatted email to plain text or HTML co

Converting received formatted email to plain text or HTML co

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Converting received formatted email to plain text or HTML co

Postby alanstancliff » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:22 am

Is there a way I can look at the plain text version of a formatted email message I receive? Sometimes, I want to look at included links in email to see if they're what they say they are or if they're spoofed redirects to some wretched phish site or something.

Regards,

Alan
alanstancliff
Frequent Visitor

Postby Tomas » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:30 am

You can right-click in the message body and choose View Raw Message.

Links also get displayed down in the status bar when hovered over with mouse, though admittedly often it's only part of a link due to lack of space there.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby alanstancliff » Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:31 pm

Thanks, Tomas.

That did it for me.

Regards,

Alan
alanstancliff
Frequent Visitor

Postby chrisretusn » Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:56 pm

The is also a script that comes with PocoMail called Display Raw Message. I attached it to a user button. It opens the message in Notepad. Comes in quite handy to be able to view the entire messages including headers.
Chris

PocoMail 4.8.0.4400 running in Slackware64 w/Wine
chrisretusn
Poco Enthusiast

Return to Barca Help and How-To