[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Open Attachment Malfunction

Open Attachment Malfunction

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Open Attachment Malfunction

Postby TechnicalFX » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:10 pm

When creating a new message and attaching an image file to the email under the Attachments tab you can double click on the file or right click and select Open Attachment to view the image in Windows Picture and Fax Viewer.

However now the Attachment will not open as it used to as described above. Any idea about how the connection to Windows Picture and Fax Viewer was lost or more importantly how to restore it? It is sometimes important to open the image to double check that the correct one is being sent with the email.

I am able to use the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer successfully from File Manager. I've tried restarting Barca but that hasn't helped.

Thanks for your help.
TechnicalFX
New Arrival

Re: Open Attachment Malfunction

Postby Eric » Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:10 am

Hi TechnicalFX & welcome to Poco Forums :D ,
TechnicalFX wrote:However now the Attachment will not open as it used to as described above. Any idea about how the connection to Windows Picture and Fax Viewer was lost or more importantly how to restore it? It is sometimes important to open the image to double check that the correct one is being sent with the email.
I'm not sure what's going on and also I don't know anything about that software.

Have you tried to open a picture and selecting to open always with Windows Picture and Fax Viewer :?:
I am able to use the Windows Picture and Fax Viewer successfully from File Manager. I've tried restarting Barca but that hasn't helped.
What pictures did you try to open in Barca? Are those JPG's or something else?

Or perhaps something changed to Windows PFV which Barca can't handle anymore. An update, upgrade?

I'm puzzled why it doesn't work anymore. :?

I always use IrfanView to open pictures in my attachments and that does work quite fast. :)
Have you tried that yet? Does that give the same result?
If you install it, make sure to only install the software and not all the junk that comes with it.

Let me know how it goes. ;)
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To