[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Socket error 6 in Barca 2.8

Socket error 6 in Barca 2.8

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Socket error 6 in Barca 2.8

Postby Flashfox » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:15 pm

I started seeing a problem with Barca 2.8 in Windows 7 Pro x86. At random times, I get a "Socket 6" error and it persists until I restart Barca (not the computer). My AV/FW software is AVG IS 10.x but the problem started when I was running AVG IS 9.x. Any ideas why this might be occurring?
Flashfox

Re: Socket error 6 in Barca 2.8

Postby Flashfox » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:27 am

Flashfox wrote:I started seeing a problem with Barca 2.8 in Windows 7 Pro x86. At random times, I get a "Socket 6" error and it persists until I restart Barca (not the computer). My AV/FW software is AVG IS 10.x but the problem started when I was running AVG IS 9.x. Any ideas why this might be occurring?

Bump...

No response from support for the ticket I posted regarding this. Pity
Flashfox

Postby robin » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:12 am

Since you may be techie - judging by some of your other posts (but I admit this may be a wrong conclusion) you could try using something like Wireshark to view the e-mail traffic and see what is happening.

I'm not sure what socket error 6 is, but it seems to me that Poco (or Barca) is simply reporting an underlying Windows error message - using something like Wireshark may allow you to see the traffic and what is causing it.

You have mentioned AVG - have you tried Barca with AVG's mail filters turned off?
robin

Postby Flashfox » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:06 am

Robin --> I do have Wireshark and I'll try to capture what is happening. I was hoping that someone over here had experienced this and could help as there is very little information of socket error 6 out there. I also send a fault report to PS through Barca (no response yet)
Flashfox

Postby robin » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:16 am

Yes - I see what you mean about there not being much out there (4th result when searching for "windows error socket 6" was your post!!!).

My thinking is that if Poco people haven't seen this then frankly there is unlikely to be a lot of support that they can offer.

I would suspect AVG since you mention that it has only happened since.
robin

Return to Barca Help and How-To