[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - importing address books?

importing address books?

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

importing address books?

Postby Bookreedr » Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:56 am

As a new user to Barca i have been trying to figure out how to imprt An address book from Outlook express.
I tried saving it in csv format but it comes in all jumbled up .

2 questions:
is there an easier way to export the address book and import it to Barca in a easy format for it to read?

if not then how do i get the proper layout to match the information expotrted in csv fomat to make sense in Barca?

any help on this will be greatly appreciated

Rich :?
Bookreedr
New Arrival

Re: importing address books?

Postby Eric » Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:27 am

Hi Rich & welcome to Poco Forums. :D
Bookreedr wrote: is there an easier way to export the address book and import it to Barca in a easy format for it to read?
I haven't tried it yet, but maybe this free utility can help you.
if not then how do i get the proper layout to match the information expotrted in csv fomat to make sense in Barca?
Take a look at Poco Address FAQ.

I hope this can help you. :wink:
Eric

Postby sbalthazor » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:03 pm

Use the PocoImport utility, it works really well (converted all the information out of my 350 contacts quick and easy).

The one thing that you should do though is to set the directory for where to store the contacts as the same as your current contacts (usually in your Barca/Address directory). The last trick is after successfully completing the import, you need to open the address book in Barca. Go to Tools->Options and select Contacts. Simply hit the add new button and select the name of the imported file and it will appear as an active address book for you.

At least this all worked for me that way...!

Regards,
Scott Balthazor
sbalthazor
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:12 pm

Hi Scott,
sbalthazor wrote:Use the PocoImport utility, it works really well (converted all the information out of my 350 contacts quick and easy)
:!: FYI: PocoImport works with Outlook, not with Outlook Express.

Just a little correction. :wink:
Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:19 pm

:roll: I never used Outlook or Outlook Express, but isn't it possible to import the contacts into Outlook and then using PocoImport utility.
Worth trying out, so not a bad suggestion after all, Scott. :D
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To