[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Forwarding messages with graphics

Forwarding messages with graphics

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Postby jeffneedle » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:27 am

I know I discussed this in an email with someone at Poco Systems. I'm wondering if there has been any progress in this matter.

When I try to forward an e-mail with graphics included, the graphics are stripped out. The help screen tells us to remove the quoting character, and the html content will remain. But even after removing the quoting character, the graphic still disappears.

This is a major problem with Barca. Is there some fix coming?

Thanks!
jeffneedle
New Arrival

Postby Vaelor » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:38 pm

Jeff

It is unfortunate, but true that Barca forwards emails as plain text so that graphics are stripped out.

Don't hold your breath for a fix of this as it has been mentioned often on the forum.

However there is a simple solution that you can use. That is the Redirect or Bounce function in Barca. It has different names in different places. If you bounce or redirect an email it retains it's html formating and as a result its graphics are not stripped out.

Trust that solves it for you.

Cheers

Vaelor
:D
Vaelor
New Arrival

Postby jeffneedle » Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:50 pm

Thanks. Yes, I've asked about it in the past. I was just wondering if this has been fixed yet.

Best.
jeffneedle
New Arrival

Return to Barca Help and How-To