[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Importing from another Barca install

Importing from another Barca install

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Importing from another Barca install

Postby mrgrieves » Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:23 pm

Hello,

How do I import my calendar and address book from another Barca install? I have just upgraded my PC but am having a few problems.

I tried copying the whole data folder and renamed all the paths in Barca. This restored my mail and account settings. However my calendar and contacts lists are still completely empty.

The import from another install option does not appear to import the address book in either. And it doesn't have an option to import from Barca's calendar.

Please can someone help?

Thanks,

John
mrgrieves
Poco Tourist

Postby Jim » Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:54 am

Hi,

For calendar, please use the File > Export facility i.e. you will export from one installation and import into the other. For contacts, you can use File > Backup i.e. you will backup from one installation and restore into the other.
Jim

Postby mrgrieves » Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:15 am

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately before I got round to trying that the hard disk on my brand new computer decided to commit suicide. Not too impressed........

Anyway I've tried it now and the calendar works fine. However if I restore from a backup, the address book data is not restore (my contacts list remains completely empty).

If I import/export via Netscape LDIF format it does work, except that not all data is included (eg date of birth isn't - which is really annoying as I'd set up everyone's birthdays)

Is there another way?

Thanks!

John
mrgrieves
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:07 am

Hi John,
mrgrieves wrote:Unfortunately before I got round to trying that the hard disk on my brand new computer decided to commit suicide. Not too impressed........
Sorry to hear about it. :?
Anyway I've tried it now and the calendar works fine. However if I restore from a backup, the address book data is not restore (my contacts list remains completely empty).
Is there another way?
Can you copy your address book(s) to their new location from your backup?
:idea: If you're not seeing your addresses take also a look at this topic, if you're experiencing the same problems.

I hope this helps. :wink:
Eric

Postby mrgrieves » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:18 am

Ah that did it! Thanks very much, Eric.

The first time I tried to import I copied my address, mailbox etc. files onto my new computer and then changed the file paths to point to them. Which worked fine for mail, but not much else. This has definitely done the trick though.

Much appreciated!
mrgrieves
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:25 am

mrgrieves wrote:Ah that did it! Thanks very much, Eric.
My pleasure. :wink: Glad you're all set now.
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To