[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - New User General Questions

New User General Questions

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

New User General Questions

Postby mikejody » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:06 am

Greetings, I am trying out Barca to possibly get rid of my Outlook and have a few questions:

1--Is there a "delay send" feature? What I mean is, is there a way to schedule the sending of an email for later?

2--I can't get a signature, that I have connected with a particular account to automatically come up when sending from that account. Instead, my default signature comes up no matter what account I am sending from. How can I change this?

3--I, too, would love to see a RSS News Feed incorporated into Barca. Are there any plans for this?

Thank you.
Mike Cleveland
mikejody
New Arrival

Re: New User General Questions

Postby Michael » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:33 pm

mikejody wrote:Greetings, I am trying out Barca to possibly get rid of my Outlook and have a few questions:

Welcome to Barca (and Poco)!

mikejody wrote:1--Is there a "delay send" feature? What I mean is, is there a way to schedule the sending of an email for later?

Not natively but you could do this using scripts and the OnTimer event. I haven't done this myself but it is possible.

mikejody wrote:2--I can't get a signature, that I have connected with a particular account to automatically come up when sending from that account. Instead, my default signature comes up no matter what account I am sending from. How can I change this?

I assume you have configured the signature for the account. Are you using classic or styled signatures? I suspect you are using styled ones, if you do not need to use the features of styled signatures then switching to classic should fix this problem.

mikejody wrote:3--I, too, would love to see a RSS News Feed incorporated into Barca. Are there any plans for this?

Not being an employee of PSI, I cannot answer this.
Michael

Postby robin » Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:26 pm

Michael wrote:
mikejody wrote:2--I can't get a signature, that I have connected with a particular account to automatically come up when sending from that account. Instead, my default signature comes up no matter what account I am sending from. How can I change this?

I assume you have configured the signature for the account. Are you using classic or styled signatures? I suspect you are using styled ones, if you do not need to use the features of styled signatures then switching to classic should fix this problem.
If you include the signature in the message by default (e.g. at the cursor), then when sending from that account you will always get the default signature if you embed the signature in the message; choosing from the drop-down menu of accounts does not change the signature. However if you reply to a message then the account signature will be used.

However if you enable the signature pane (either View -> Enable Signature Pane or Tools -> Options -> Default Body Format, check enable signatures) then this will always use the signature for the account but will only include the signature at the end of the message.

I'm pretty sure that there is an option as to whether a signature is included above or below the quoted text in a reply (I think it is related to where the cursor is put in relation to quoted text) but I can't find it at the moment.

A last workaround is the you can use right-click -> Insert Signature and then choose the signature to insert.
robin

Postby Eric » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:07 pm

robin wrote:I'm pretty sure that there is an option as to whether a signature is included above or below the quoted text in a reply (I think it is related to where the cursor is put in relation to quoted text) but I can't find it at the moment.
Also take a look at this topic :wink:
Eric

Postby robin » Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:57 pm

Thanks Eric!
robin

Postby Eric » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:10 am

robin wrote:Thanks Eric!
You're welcome. :wink:
As for the reply and the signature an Event on Reply can be used from within a certain mailbox or mailboxes, so it uses the signature from that particular account.
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To