[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - How to export to Outlook?

How to export to Outlook?

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

How to export to Outlook?

Postby Daoist56 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:09 am

How can I export all my amassed email messages to MS Outlook?

Anyone?
Daoist56
Drop-in Visitor

Re: How to export to Outlook?

Postby Eric » Thu Sep 30, 2004 6:19 am

Daoist56 wrote:How can I export all my amassed email messages to MS Outlook?
:roll: Already several topics about the same subject exist. Try doing a search.
Here's a topic for you, to find the rest it's up to you. :wink:
Eric

No Help

Postby Daoist56 » Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:58 am

Pretty much what I have found is of no help - which seems to be true for the people who have asked this question before me.

As someone said, you state that you don't want to keep me hostage to this program - and yet that's where I am.

This program loses information on me. I cannot trust it. It crashes at least once a day. The only help I've been given is either

a) no reply, or
b) you're on your own.

Someone suggested using Mailbox Assistant to help export to Outlook. Even if I could get that to work, I'm limited to 50 emails.

So now I've paid money for a program that I cannot trust my info to, and must pay a 3rd party in order to get the info it DOES have, out?????

:evil:
Daoist56
Drop-in Visitor

Re: No Help

Postby Eric » Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:14 am

Daoist56 wrote:Pretty much what I have found is of no help - which seems to be true for the people who have asked this question before me.
Sorry, but I never used Outlook and never will.
As someone said, you state that you don't want to keep me hostage to this program - and yet that's where I am.
I'm not an employee from PSI, only a fellow user like you. :wink:
You could send an email to Support to help you with it.
This program loses information on me. I cannot trust it. It crashes at least once a day. The only help I've been given is either
a) no reply, or
b) you're on your own.
In the one year I've been using Poco and now Barca I've never lost a single message, although I've had my share of problems, but Poco was not the cause. Barca crashes sometimes, but never loses anything.
It's not true that you're on your own. We want to help you, but first we must know the procedure to do the transfer, which for the moment only points to Mailbag Assistant.
Someone suggested using Mailbox Assistant to help export to Outlook. Even if I could get that to work, I'm limited to 50 emails.
That's my suggestion, because it gets the job done. It's limited because it's the trial version. And yes, it's not free. :?
So now I've paid money for a program that I cannot trust my info to, and must pay a 3rd party in order to get the info it DOES have, out?????
:roll: Maybe there's another way, but I'm not aware of it.
:idea: Why not a POImport utility which does it both (export & import), so you wouldn't be in the situation you're now in?
Eric

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 03, 2004 10:16 am

I've found another NOT free converter: ABC Amber Outlook Converter, but it's $10 cheaper then Mailbag Assistant. :)
Eric

Thanks

Postby Daoist56 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:03 pm

for putting up with my surliness and for continuing to make positive suggestions. It's appreciated.
Besides the troubles listed, Barca was crashing on me each time I tried to close it. So I backed up my data and re-installed.
Lo! and Behold! When I re-imported the data, my lost notes and journals were there! Which means, I think, that they were never lost, but for some reasons were not showing up in the UI.
Which leaves me, for now, with two things: 1. I'm still wary of recurring appointments, but was assured that a new beta would take care of that. I am trying to get on the beta list.
And 2. Renewed hope for this software. Though I don't think my choices in software are a reflection of my moral worth, I do like it when I can use something other than Microsoft.
Cheers.
Daoist56
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Thanks

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:49 pm

Daoist56 wrote:for putting up with my surliness and for continuing to make positive suggestions. It's appreciated.
My pleasure. ;)
Besides the troubles listed, Barca was crashing on me each time I tried to close it. So I backed up my data and re-installed. Lo! and Behold! When I re-imported the data, my lost notes and journals were there! Which means, I think, that they were never lost, but for some reasons were not showing up in the UI.
That's really good news. :) Re-installing can cure bad/corrupt installs. Glad you didn't lose anything.
Which leaves me, for now, with two things: 1. I'm still wary of recurring appointments, but was assured that a new beta would take care of that. I am trying to get on the beta list.
Good luck with your acceptance to the beta list.
I do like it when I can use something other than Microsoft.
Aren't we all. :lol:
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To