[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Two questions

Two questions

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Two questions

Postby billend » Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:42 pm

Is there any way to import the address book and messages from an email program called Courier, which uses the extension of .box on their file?

Second question, I have created a group. Is there anyway to send a message to the group without highlighting every name and is there any way to have it do a blind send without once again highlighting all names?

I can do this in the Courier mail program and also in the Group Mail program.
William C End
billend
New Arrival

Re: Two questions

Postby Eric » Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:23 pm

Hi William & welcome to Poco Forums. :D
billend wrote:Is there any way to import the address book and messages from an email program called Courier, which uses the extension of .box on their file?
Courier isn't installed at present on my PC, but you can find some info about it at their forum.
Some more about Exporting.

For the addresses you have to open the address book first and select which addresses you want to export. Use CTRL-A to select all of them. I can't remember in which format they are exported. Sorry, but it's been some time. :?

Second question, I have created a group. Is there anyway to send a message to the group without highlighting every name and is there any way to have it do a blind send without once again highlighting all names?
Just add the group to your message. For the blind send look at Options | Sending mail and set Split message if total recipients more than to 1. Barca will ask what to do with the message upon sending.

I hope this helps you getting started. :wink:
Eric

Postby billend » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:16 am

I guess I wasn't too clear. What I was asking is can I put the group name in the TO: instead of highlighting all the names and inserting them.

I understand now about splitting the message if total recipients is more than 1.

Thanks for the response, I like the program, but don't want to lose the flexibility and ease of operation I have now.
William C End
billend
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:23 am

billend wrote:I guess I wasn't too clear. What I was asking is can I put the group name in the TO: instead of highlighting all the names and inserting them.
Yes, you can put the group in To. That's what the option to split means. Try it out and you'll see.

Thanks for the response
You're welcome. :wink:
Eric

Postby billend » Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:00 am

Ok, splitting the messages worked, but I still have to copy all email addresses into the TO: Can't I just select the group name? :roll:
William C End
billend
New Arrival

Postby Michael » Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:52 am

If you double click on the group name in the address pane then the compose window will be displayed with all the members of the group in the to line. You can also click on the "To", "CC" or "BCC" labels in the compose window and select the group from the mini-address list that is displayed at this point.
Michael

Postby bareges » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:41 am

Billend,

In the'old' Poco forums I ( a former Calypso, now Courier user of many years) discoverd an import utility specifically for importing messages and mailbox into to Poco - it worked very well as I remember. As we no longer have access to the 'old' forums maybe someone at Pocosystems could help you. I believe it was specifically written by a Poco /Courier fan who was a programmer.

Regards
Charles
Kind Regards
Charles
bareges
Frequent Visitor

Return to Barca Help and How-To