[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Maildownload speed [Eric:resolved, user configuration error]

Maildownload speed [Eric:resolved, user configuration error]

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Maildownload speed [Eric:resolved, user configuration error]

Postby tosbsas » Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:44 am

Hey

love Barca but up to now the maildownload is sloooooooww. Becky! my client is a lot faster

Ruben
tosbsas
Drop-in Visitor

Re: Maildownload - very slow

Postby Eric » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:08 am

Hi Ruben,
tosbsas wrote:love Barca but up to now the maildownload is sloooooooww. Becky! my client is a lot faster
:roll: Why is the maildownload slow? I'm not experiencing it. In fact I find Barca to be even faster compared to the previous Poco (not build 2000). Just my impression. :wink:

It could be due to a lot of factors. Antivirus, connection, ...
Never tried Becky, so I can't compare. I already had 6 email clients (Courier, The Bat, Incredimail, Eudora, Biz Mail, FastTrackMail) :lol:
Eric

Postby tosbsas » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:14 am

Same question here for me - I use nod32 and spampal and benign - nothing else. Does barca ask for authentication?? maybe there is the reason??

Ruben
tosbsas
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:26 am

tosbsas wrote:Same question here for me - I use nod32 and spampal and benign - nothing else. Does barca ask for authentication?? maybe there is the reason??
:roll: Have you tried using Barca without SpamPal? Spam filtering with a third party application can slow down the download.
What do you mean by authentication? Authentication for what?
Eric

Postby tosbsas » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:14 pm

Am using spampal with becky too - will not qiut doing that. ident port 113 is what I am talking about. (Firewall question) Some clients need that

Ruben
tosbsas
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:03 am

tosbsas wrote:Am using spampal with becky too - will not qiut doing that.
I'm not asking you to quit using spampal with becky, but as sort of a test you could try using Barca without spampal settings. Love to hear if that changes the download speed. :)
ident port 113 is what I am talking about. (Firewall question) Some clients need that
I'm not aware of it, but then again you know more of it than me. Seen some topics from you at Wilders. :lol:
Eric

Postby tosbsas » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:29 am

The thing was the 113 port - opened it and it works now pretty fast. (although Becky is faster (.-)

Ruben
tosbsas
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Eric » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:39 am

tosbsas wrote:The thing was the 113 port - opened it and it works now pretty fast. (although Becky is faster (.-)
Thanks, Ruben, for letting us know where the problem was, as it may help others. :wink:
Eric

Postby tosbsas » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:47 am

:D
tosbsas
Drop-in Visitor

Return to Barca Help and How-To