[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Email reminders

Email reminders

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Email reminders

Postby meandrake » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:21 am

If I remember correctly, I did read that Barca could send Email reminders to yourself for birthdays of contacts.

Is this possible or am I hallucinating? If possible could someone guide me on how to set this up.

Thanx in advance,
meandrake
Poco Tourist

Re: Email reminders

Postby Eric » Mon Oct 04, 2004 10:59 am

meandrake wrote:If I remember correctly, I did read that Barca could send Email reminders to yourself for birthdays of contacts.
:shock: Never heard of it.
Is this possible or am I hallucinating? If possible could someone guide me on how to set this up.
I'm sure you're hallucinating. :lol:
It would however be possible if we would have an address book where you can check to remind you of these events.
You can always create an All Day event for a birthday, so Barca will remind you of that special day.
Eric

Postby Jim » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:08 pm

meandrake wrote:If I remember correctly, I did read that Barca could send Email reminders to yourself for birthdays of contacts.

Thanx in advance,

Here is what Barca does..If you enter the person's birthday under his/her entry in the address book, Barca will add a reminder in the Today Screen during the week the birthday falls on. Your overall settings may affect how many days before the birthday the entry is shown in the Today Screen. Eric's suggestion should also work, but you will have to enter it every year.
Jim

Postby meandrake » Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:23 pm

Thanks guys...
meandrake
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Mon Oct 04, 2004 7:56 pm

Jim wrote:Here is what Barca does..If you enter the person's birthday under his/her entry in the address book, Barca will add a reminder in the Today Screen during the week the birthday falls on.
That's nice to see it on the Today screen, Jim, however I'm not always looking at the Today screen, so I could miss a birthday. :?
Better a pop-up to alert you for example 5 days prior (setting by user) to this special event. A setting in Options for birthdays (Contacts), so when you enter a birthday in a Contact, it reminds you automatically every year, without much more intervention from the user.

Just a bit of brainstorming on these special events. :wink:
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To