[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Importing Outlook 98 into Barca

Importing Outlook 98 into Barca

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Importing Outlook 98 into Barca

Postby davidg80 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:19 am

I am currently trialling Barca but for the time being have given up on it since I cannot find a way of importing the information from Outlook 98, mainly the diary info.

I have used the Outport utility mentioned in the old forum which works without errors but causes Barca to crash when imported.

Can anyone advise on this please
Regards

David
davidg80
Frequent Visitor

Postby Sandy » Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:42 am

I have used the Outport utility mentioned in the old forum which works without errors.....

Maybe yes and maybe no. I found Outport may have completed all right, but either data was missing or corrupt causing Barca to hang on import. I posted this msg below in the Pocomail forum without thinking. It belongs here.

-----------------------------------------------------

BTW, I tried to use Outport to move data from Outlook to Barca, and it did a relatively nice job especially since it is the ONLY thing I've found that can get calendar and task data out of OL.

However, a word of warning. I finally had to give up getting all data from OL to Barca since Outport could not handle certain more complex situations (like some recurring appts). This data simply never made it into the output file Outport created. Also, I found that Barca consistently hung when trying to import a sufficiently large file of Outport output data. Not Barca's fault I imagine, but more likely because of wierd data in the Outport output file. AFAIK, there just isn't a reliable way to get data out of Outlook except to other Microsoft products -- pretty typical Microsoft I'd say.
Sandy

Re: Importing Outlook 98 into Barca

Postby Alpha » Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:07 pm

davidg80 wrote:I am currently trialling Barca but for the time being have given up on it since I cannot find a way of importing the information from Outlook 98, mainly the diary info.
Can anyone advise on this please

When you say "Diary Info", do you mean calendar? As in appointments and tasks? Given the title of your thread, I'll take the liberty of suggesting the following:

1. To import emails and contacts, use the POImport utility available from the Poco System's website. Or import the data from OL into OLX, and then import from OLX directly into Barca.
2. For calendar information, you can only bring in appointments and tasks. Outport seems to work pretty well.

One thing to keep in mind when importing tasks from OL is that the data format for task in OL is non standard. Perhaps you could import appointments and tasks separately.
Alpha

Postby davidg80 » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:37 pm

Thanks for the replies

Yes, I do mean the calendar entries and there are some recurring ones there.

I know about the POImport, but since I use Pocomail that is not a worry. I am just trying to import the calendar and nothing else. Since there are over 1000 entries, importing individual ones is not one I want to take.
Regards

David
davidg80
Frequent Visitor

Return to Barca Help and How-To