[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Barca and Avast Pro

Barca and Avast Pro

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Barca and Avast Pro

Postby Scouter » Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:16 am

Has someone got a few spare mins to step me through setting up Barca to auto scan incoming and outgoing mail using avastpro. I have tried to follow the info found in the help, but I have not been very succesful. Please try and be simple in your instructions as I am not a much of a tech or power user. Thanks for any help
Scouter
New Arrival

Re: Barca and Avast Pro

Postby Eric » Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:28 am

Hi Scouter & welcome to Poco Forums. :D
Scouter wrote:Has someone got a few spare mins to step me through setting up Barca to auto scan incoming and outgoing mail using avastpro. I have tried to follow the info found in the help, but I have not been very succesful. Please try and be simple in your instructions as I am not a much of a tech or power user. Thanks for any help
I've used Avast Pro before, so here are the settings.

For each account you replace the following in PocoMail/Barca:

Incoming:
Server: your.isp.com
Username: username

becomes

Server: localhost
Username: username#your.isp.com

For the outgoing server replace it by localhost.

smtp configurations will be:

Server: localhost
Set smtp authentication to 'on'

Username: username#your.isp.com
or just #your.isp.com

password: *****
or let it blank

Set to remember the used password.

Oh, I forgot, in the Internet Mail settings, check for scan outbound mail...

I hope I've done it correctly. :wink:
Eric

Barca and Avast Pro

Postby Scouter » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:12 am

Thank you Eric, It works like a dream. :D
Scouter
New Arrival

Re: Barca and Avast Pro

Postby Eric » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:22 am

Scouter wrote:Thank you Eric, It works like a dream. :D
My pleasure. :wink:
Glad it's working as Avast isn't so easy to set up.
If you scan the Avast forum you'll find probably a topic of me (EVdB) about Spam Off,
where I really had some headaches configuring it. :lol:

Moved to Barca
Eric

Return to Barca Help and How-To