[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - importing distribution lists from Outlook

importing distribution lists from Outlook

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

importing distribution lists from Outlook

Postby djestep » Fri Oct 08, 2004 3:27 am

Hi,
I am evaluating barca and like it a lot so far. I did use the import program tool to bring in my contacts and emails from Outlook 2003 successfully, except that the tool reported that it did not import my distribution lists. I absolutely need these and do not want to recreate them.

Can someone point me to a procedure for importing outlook distribution lists?

Best,
Don Estep
djestep
Poco Tourist

Re: importing distribution lists from Outlook

Postby Eric » Fri Oct 08, 2004 5:14 am

Hi Don & welcome to Poco Forums. :D
djestep wrote:Hi, I am evaluating barca and like it a lot so far.
Glad you like it.

:roll: Sorry for sounding a bit dumb, but what do you mean exactly by distribution lists?
Don't have any experience whatsoever with Outlook!

Thanks in advance. :wink:
Eric

Postby djestep » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:00 am

Eric wrote:Hi Don & welcome to Poco Forums. :D
djestep wrote:Hi, I am evaluating barca and like it a lot so far.
Glad you like it.

:roll: Sorry for sounding a bit dumb, but what do you mean exactly by distribution lists?
Don't have any experience whatsoever with Outlook!

Thanks in advance. :wink:

Hi,
A distribution list is a group of emails. You can write one email to the distribution list and it is sent to everyone. I gather this is what barca calls a group?

Best,
Don
djestep
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:18 am

djestep wrote:A distribution list is a group of emails. You can write one email to the distribution list and it is sent to everyone. I gather this is what barca calls a group?
Thanks for the explanation. :wink:
Are the email adresses already present in Barca?
If so, you can create a new group and simply dragging these adresses to this group.

For more information have a look at this topic.

Sorry, don't have another solution for the moment! :?
Eric

Postby djestep » Sat Oct 09, 2004 1:02 am

Hi,
I started recreating my "groups" and ran into a problem or shortcoming. I can only drag names using the thinnier column on the left. In other words,
I cannot drag names from the column on the left into the group shown in the righthand pane. I cannot drag them into the group window if I open that up. I cannot drag names from the righthand pane into the group name shown on the left. I have to mark all my entries in the left hand column, press and hold a mouse key on one, then move the mouse so the list scrolls up or down slowly until I get to the group. I have 600 names, so this is very tedious. It would be nice if you could do some of the other drag and drop ideas, and also if the group pane had a selection mechanism that listed the addresses for selection.

On this topic, it is possible to drag addresses from one address book to another?

Don

Eric wrote:
djestep wrote:A distribution list is a group of emails. You can write one email to the distribution list and it is sent to everyone. I gather this is what barca calls a group?
Thanks for the explanation. :wink:
Are the email adresses already present in Barca?
If so, you can create a new group and simply dragging these adresses to this group.

For more information have a look at this topic.

Sorry, don't have another solution for the moment! :?
djestep
Poco Tourist

Return to Barca Help and How-To