[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Showing images - question/idea

Showing images - question/idea

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Showing images - question/idea

Postby xommy » Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:54 pm

I use (bought) Barca for one week now, and I'm glad of it, however,
I find it rather uncomfortable to manualy allow or disallow images
in each mail I read. Isn' there a system where you can alllow
images and external links in the mail is the person or sender is in the adresbook (Thunderbird can do that)

Greetings,
Xommy
xommy
New Arrival

Postby COD » Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:36 am

You could probably do that with a script.
COD
Resident Poster

Postby robin » Sun Oct 10, 2004 4:47 am

Isn' there a system where you can allow images and external links in the mail is the person or sender is in the addressbook
Not at the moment, although it is an interesting idea.
robin

Postby Pete » Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:52 am

Hi Xommy, you can filter incoming mail to specific mailboxes for people in your address books (either a single mailbox or separate mailboxes for each person). Then, you enable image downloading all the time, but you create OnDisplay events for your Inbox, Junk, and Trash mailboxes that sanitize the images and web bugs. Eric has even provided screenshots that demonstrate how to do this, just search the forums for OnDisplay.

As an alternative, you could create an Incoming filter that sanitizes all messages from people who are not in your address books. This has the advantage that you don't have to create any new mailboxes. The disadvantage is that I don't know of an easy way to restore the original HTML and images of those sanitized messages if you later decide that you want to see it.
Pete

Return to Barca Help and How-To