[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Barca default Mailer

Barca default Mailer

Help and advice on using Barca

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Barca default Mailer

Postby kredford » Sun Oct 10, 2004 2:45 am

I have been trying to maik barca my default handler. and everytime I cleck the button, "Make Default" and click ok.

When I come back and check it is not my default..
I went to IE program settings and checked what email program was selected and it set to "poco"

When I click on and email address in my IE Browser
I keep getting the error "barca not installed properly or something and all these "IE " windows open and hangs my system.
0xc0000142
kredford
New Arrival

Postby paulheu » Sun Oct 10, 2004 3:54 am

un-install Barca, run a decent spyware detection program, DISABLE virus scanner, install Barca, enable virus scanner and try again..
There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
paulheu
Frequent Visitor

Barca default Mailer

Postby kredford » Sun Oct 10, 2004 6:28 am

I used pestpatrol for spyware checking and zonealarm for virus scanning.. with the same results..
kredford
New Arrival

Re: Barca default Mailer

Postby Eric » Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:44 am

kredford wrote:I have been trying to maik barca my default handler. and everytime I cleck the button, "Make Default" and click ok.

When I come back and check it is not my default..
I went to IE program settings and checked what email program was selected and it set to "poco"

When I click on and email address in my IE Browser
I keep getting the error "barca not installed properly or something and all these "IE " windows open and hangs my system.
0xc0000142
Take a look at this topic.

It's true that only Poco is listed as default in IE, but it also applies to Barca.
As an aside when I click on an email address in my browser, it opens in Barca, but also in Poco, depending on which one is active. Using Firefox 1.0PR.

paulheu wrote:un-install Barca, run a decent spyware detection program, DISABLE virus scanner, install Barca, enable virus scanner and try again..
Good advice, but I think it doesn't apply here. :)

I hope this helps. :wink:
Eric

Barca default Mailer

Postby kredford » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:28 am

Ok, I uninstalled Barca again and ran norton antivirus and spyware again.

Same results. once I select in Barca as my default exit options and go back in, it is not selected as the default..

I am running

Windows XP Pro
SP2 installed
I have checked IE options programs to see if Poco is selected and it is ..

I have checked outlook express to see if make default is not selected and it is not..

If anyone can provide more suggestions or a debug tool I would appreciate.
kredford
New Arrival

Re: Barca default Mailer

Postby Eric » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:39 am

kredford wrote:Same results. once I select in Barca as my default exit options and go back in, it is not selected as the default..
Once you click on that button Barca is made default.
If you enter the Options again, the button will not be greyed out, but Barca is still your default.
Maybe making it more visible or greyed out will eliminate this misunderstanding. Hint PSI. :roll: :)

Have you tried clicking on an email link on a webpage to see if it opens a new message in Barca?
Eric

Postby robin » Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:22 am

I've deleted this post - the links I posted are either not relevent or not accessible to all users.
robin

Return to Barca Help and How-To