[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Configuring with Norton Antivirus 2004

Configuring with Norton Antivirus 2004

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Configuring with Norton Antivirus 2004

Postby Niks » Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:02 pm

Could someone please tell me how can I configure Pocomail 3.1 to scan my email? Specifically, what do I put in the "command line" box? Also, is the file for scanning with Norton 2004 NAVW32.exe? Sometimes the envelope in the systray with the arrow in it shows up and sometimes it doesn't.

Thanks so much!!

Nikii :D
Niks
New Arrival

Re: Configuring with Norton Antivirus 2004

Postby Eric » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:02 pm

Hi Nikii & welcome to Poco Forum. :D
Niks wrote:Could someone please tell me how can I configure Pocomail 3.1 to scan my email? Specifically, what do I put in the "command line" box? Also, is the file for scanning with Norton 2004 NAVW32.exe?
For Norton 2004 no command line must be put in. Just be sure check that email scanning (incoming & outgoing) in the Norton Console has been activated. You could also look into the headers of messages to see if it has been scanned.
:idea: Another possibility is sending you test messages. You can request virus testmessages at Mail Virus Test, so you'll know it's working.
Also, is the file for scanning with Norton 2004 NAVW32.exe?
If you want to put in a file for scanning virusses, then that's the one. I did it with my previous NIS2004.
Sometimes the envelope in the systray with the arrow in it shows up and sometimes it doesn't.
What do you mean exactly by that? Is it at startup that the icon doesn't load in systray or when starting Poco manually?
Correction: When the arrow shows up, it means your email is scanned by Norton. :oops: It's been a while since I used Norton.
Eric

Postby Niks » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:09 am

Thanks Eric! I have Norton configured to scan incoming and outgoing email. But in looking at the headers on my mail in Pocomail, I don't see any evidence of Norton scans. Can you tell me what it would look like?

The envelope appears mostly when I send email, not when I receive email :(

Again, thanks so much for your help!

Nikii
Niks
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:16 am

Niks wrote:Thanks Eric! I have Norton configured to scan incoming and outgoing email. But in looking at the headers on my mail in Pocomail, I don't see any evidence of Norton scans. Can you tell me what it would look like?
The envelope appears mostly when I send email, not when I receive email :(
:roll: I'm not using Norton anymore, but you should look for something like this X-Kaspersky: Checked for Kaspersky, for Norton that would be something like X-Antivirus: Clean, I think. Someone who's using it, can be more specific about this.
Try looking at the headers of your outgoing mail also.
You can always try the Mail Virus Test, if you want. :wink:
Eric

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To