[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Undelete a message

Undelete a message

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Undelete a message

Postby watusimoto » Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:22 am

Is there any way to undelete a message quickly? If not, would it be possible to develop a script to retrieve the most recently deleted message from the trash and restore it to its folder?

Thanks,

Chris
watusimoto
Drop-in Visitor

Postby tribble » Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:27 am

watusimoto,

The obvious answer would seem to be, open the Trash folder, drag and drop your message to the folder you actually want it in.

However, my instincts tell me it's something more than the obvious.

You can navigate to the PocoMail directory, or wherever you store your mail files. You can edit the folder name of where the message was deleted FROM and copy/paste to contents. This assumes you have not compressed the mailboxes yet.

For example, editing C:\Program Files\PocoMail\Mail\In.mbx would allow you to edit the Inbox folder and see all messages in your Inbox. The mbx files are all text so retrieving data shouldn't be too difficult.
tribble
Poco Enthusiast

Postby watusimoto » Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:07 am

Perhaps I should clarify my question, because you are right that I am looking for more (and less) than the obvious. "Quickly" was the operative word.

In Eudora (the email prog I am trying to wean myself from), or Outlook, I can hit Ctrl-Z to undo the most recent delete. Sometimes I delete something only to realize a moment later that I made a mistake, or that I wanted to take one last look. True, I can always fish it out of the trash folder, but it is much easier to just hit Ctrl-Z take a look, then redelete it if I choose. I miss this feature in Poco.

From a programming POV, this would be an easy feature to add. Does this functionality already exist, or could it be added via a PocoScript?

Thanks,

Chris
watusimoto
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Michael » Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:02 pm

Chris:

Theoretically PocoScript could do this if there were an OnDelete event (there isn't). I thought there was a Bug Traction item for this event but I cannot see it. If anyone knows of this enhancement request please post it's location here, otherwise I'll add a new item for it.
Michael

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To