[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Subject Line - when replying?

Subject Line - when replying?

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Subject Line - when replying?

Postby ler329 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:54 am

When I reply to a message, the subject line is blank....this just started happening. Before it would be: "Re: subject line".

What happened?

Lee
ler329
Frequent Visitor

Postby robin » Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:13 am

Try shutting down and rebooting then see if it still there.
robin

Postby ler329 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:35 am

I tried that (twice)....problem still there!

Lee
ler329
Frequent Visitor

Postby dribnus » Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:53 am

I don't know if this matters, but maybe compressing the mailboxes would help. I tried to duplicate the problem by changing multiple options, but was unable too make that happen. Very unusual.
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Postby ler329 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:59 am

Tried compressing all mailboxes...no luck....still has problem.
ler329
Frequent Visitor

Postby ler329 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:10 am

another development....

when replying - besides not having a "re:subject line" - there is also no quoted text. Yet in "sending" options, quoting text is checked.

what oh what could be wrong with my new beloved pocomail?
ler329
Frequent Visitor

Postby dribnus » Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:23 am

Sounds like it's time to do a backup, and reinstall and see what happens from there.
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:33 am

dribnus wrote:Sounds like it's time to do a backup, and reinstall and see what happens from there.
I couldn't agree more.
This is certainly not normal. I've never seen that. :shock:
Eric

Postby ler329 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:43 am

So I do a back-up, then should I remove PocoMail via Windows, then re-install, then restore backup?
ler329
Frequent Visitor

Postby dribnus » Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:52 am

After you do the b/u, uninstall completely, then reinstall.
Personally, I wouldn't restore until II set up at least one account and try it first. If everything works, then restore. As far as what to b/u, maybe just back up the data and accounts, but not the other prefs, and settings. Eric or Robin may have some better input on that. But the problems could be in the settings and you woudn't want to restore the problem.
I don't know how the licensing works with reinstalls, so you may want to write down any registration info before uninstalling.
dribnus
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Eric » Wed Oct 13, 2004 6:53 am

ler329 wrote:So I do a back-up, then should I remove PocoMail via Windows, then re-install, then restore backup?
Do the backup, but you don't have to uninstall anything.
Install the new version into a new directory and try it out. Afterwards you can restore your backup or importing your data from a previous install without importing the settings. :wink:
Eric

Postby Eric » Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:22 am

dribnus wrote:I don't know how the licensing works with reinstalls, so you may want to write down any registration info before uninstalling.
If you perform an import from a previous install, your license key will be imported as well. I'm just not sure about the backup, because I never diid it.

:idea: All registration keys and sensible data is stored on my desktop (SplashID) and also synchronized to my Palm T2, as a precaution.
Here's a freeware PC application to store all this, if you haven't already. :wink:
Eric

Postby COD » Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:43 am

Check your Poco.ini file and make sure the EditorType=3. Poco must shut down before you edit poco.ini. Use a text editor.
COD
Resident Poster

Postby ler329 » Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:47 am

from the "I'm an Idiot" file.....PROBLEM SOLVED:

I used a "signature template" for replying and the template wasn't
set up for subject lines and quoting text.

This is one powerful email client....

Thanks to all that helped with suggestions!

Lee
ler329
Frequent Visitor

Postby Eric » Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:37 am

ler329 wrote:from the "I'm an Idiot" file.....PROBLEM SOLVED:
I used a "signature template" for replying and the template wasn't
set up for subject lines and quoting text.
:lol: Good to hear it was only that.
This is one powerful email client....
Right you are, Lee. :wink:
Thanks to all that helped with suggestions!
We all like to help a fellow user, whenever we can. :)
Eric

Next

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To