[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - "leave mail on server" gets confused

"leave mail on server" gets confused

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

"leave mail on server" gets confused

Postby hommer » Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:23 am

I recently moved to Pocomail 3.2 on one of my machines and I must say that I love it, .... but there was one mishap;

I read my mail on 3 different machines and since POP3 is the only option I use the function "leave mail on server" (and I set one of the machines to clean out >7 days messages)

Sadly enough Poco Mail gets confused now and then over the messages stored on the server; during a night I got 600+ messages in my mailbox (being the postmaster isn't allways fun :cry: ) and Poco downloaded them all, no problem. After a few days Poco sudely went mad because it again had 600+ new messages, it was going re-download all the messages that had remained on the server, which it already downloaded some days before.... Now I had _a_lot_ of double messages (being a postmaster can be bad but this.... :x)
After this first mishap, I cleaned out my mailbox on the server (leaving 20-30 messages) and Poco seemed happy again. Unfortunately some days later the same happened again, it re-downloaded the messages left on the server.

I admit, I use this for free I should be greatfull (and I am). But this, for me, would be a definite reasone not to use it and that's not what we want do we?
hommer
New Arrival

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To