[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - attaching photos

attaching photos

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

attaching photos

Postby dirk » Sat Jul 31, 2004 10:58 am

Currently using version 2.6.3. I'm trying to send photos directly from my photo editing program (Arcsoft PhotoImpression 4 - which came with my digital camera) to email messages. There is no action of any sort when I attempt this. I've gone to the help section of the software where I've dug up this, which follows in part:

"Some email programs do not support MAPI (like older AOL versions) and some that support it may not be set as the MAPI server. If your email program does not automatically open, consult its documentation or technical support for information on MAPI support."

I confess I have no idea what MAPI is or does, nor can I locate reference to it in the setup options....... but seems a likely place to start....can someone enlighten me and point me in the right direction?

thanks - Dirk
dirk
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Tomas » Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:10 am

Pocomail at the moment doesn't support MAPI.

++ no virus and security problems
-- other softwares that support MAPI cannot utilize this functionality with Pocomail
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby dirk » Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:18 am

Thanks Tomas - guess it wasn't the answer I was looking for! :? But as least I can stop looking and wondering....
dirk
Drop-in Visitor

Postby frazmi » Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:30 am

I always hate it when "I can't do that" and as a result I tend to look for workarounds that give me something instead of nothing. In that spirit, here's a little script that does "something" that might be of interest.

The script assumes that you save JPG files in an "export" directory somewhere. In this case, it's "E:\Test" but if you use the script you can edit it to be anywhere.

In the graphics program, you save the files you want to email to the export directory. Then, you run the script in Poco, which traverses the export directory, and creates an email for each file it finds, with the attachment already filled in.

Here's the script -- which I post into the public domain. I can say it works on my system, but that's the only guarantee I'm willing to make :)
Code: Select all
Set $jpgFileDir "E:\Test"
Set $slash \
DirList $jpgList $jpgFileDir "*.jpg" 63
TrimLines $jpgList

IF $jpgList = "" THEN "EndLoop"

:Loop
      GetLine $jpgFile 0 $jpgList
      IF $jpgFile = "" THEN "EndLoop"

Set $attachThisFile $jpgFileDir
      AddStrings $attachThisFile $slash $jpgFile

AttachFile %JPG $attachThisFile
      EditMessage %JPG
      DeleteAttached %JPG $attachThisFile

CharCount #cc $jpgFile
      AddIntegers #cc 2
      CharCount #size $jpgList
      IF #cc > #size THEN "EndLoop"
            ChopString $jpgList 1 #cc
            GOTO "Loop"
:EndLoop
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Postby dirk » Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:13 pm

Thanks for the script,,,attempting that I may be in a little over my head! I'll save it and probably give it a go later on. Thanks again for your time and knowledge.
dirk
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Michael » Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:21 pm

Another thing that may work is to right click on the file you want to attach (in Windows Explorer) and select "Send to| PocoMail". This will launch Poco (if it isn't already running) and start a compose window with the file attached.
Michael

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To