[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Disable external images loading

Disable external images loading

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Disable external images loading

Postby mrbofh » Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:56 am

How can I make it so that images that are loaded from external (http://www.blah.com/image.gif) links are not loaded automatically?
mrbofh
New Arrival

Postby Sandy » Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:54 am

You spend some time reading Poco HELP.
Sandy

Postby Pulpdoctor » Sun Aug 01, 2004 4:23 am

Use the Quick Keys combination of Shift+F10. Note that this key combination is a toggle, which means that if graphics are already disabled, using Shift+F10 will enable them again. Conversely, if graphics are enabled, Shift+F10 will disable them.

Use the download graphics icon on the preview pane toolbar to toggle graphics on and off.

The download graphic icon is the one that has overlapping red, green, and blue "balls." If the icon has a black background, it is OFF. If the icons background color is the same as the toolbar, then it is active, ie, graphic images will be downloaded.

An easier way to see what I'm talking about is to simply press Shift + F10 and see the icon change with each press.
Jordan L Schweitzer
Pulpdoctor
Poco Tourist

Postby mrbofh » Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:52 am

pulpdoctor, thank you

I had looked at that but was still a little confused.
mrbofh
New Arrival

Postby frazmi » Sun Aug 01, 2004 6:48 pm

mrbofh said
I had looked at that but was still a little confused.
Those 3 little icons have confused more than one person :wink: . The way to think about them is, "Turn ON to enable higher security mode. Turn OFF to decrease the security level."

"ON" setting is colored with light background. "OFF" setting is with black background.

For viewing graphics images, for example, the "ON" setting means, roughly, "Decrease my security levels by allowing external graphics images to be displayed, even though the graphics images might have web trackers embedded in them. I trust the sources of these graphics images."

And the "OFF" setting means, roughly, "Make my sytem more secure from web bugs that can inhabit graphics images. I accept the tradeoff that I won't see the graphic image in my email message."

I hope that helps clear up any remaining confusion (which, by the way, I shared for quite a while after first starting to use Poco).
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To