[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Sending to Multiple Addresses

Sending to Multiple Addresses

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Sending to Multiple Addresses

Postby catman915 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:39 am

I am trying ver 3.1 and when I try to send to multiple addresses the mail goes to the First address in the "To:" box only. It sends a number of copies equivalent to the number of addresses entered but they are all sent to the first address in the list. Would appreciate any assistance. Thanks
catman915
Poco Tourist

Postby robin » Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:17 am

How are you forming the list of multiple recipients?
robin

Postby catman915 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:39 am

I click on the "to:" box and when the address book pops up I doubleclick on the name in the list. They all show up in the "to:" window like they should.
catman915
Poco Tourist

Postby robin » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:44 am

Strange - I don't recall a problem like this being posted before.

In the "To:" field you should get a list of names and addresses separated by commas, somthing like this...
Code: Select all
Name One <name1@email.com>, Name Two <name2@email2.com>, etc etc

If so, then I wonder if the problem is related to your ISP? Do you see the same problem with another e-mail account and this ISP?

If not, then can you post what you are getting?

As a workaround, you could try setting Split Message to 1, (in the New message window, choose Message -> Split message on send / queue) and then effectively sending one message to each recipient.
robin

Postby catman915 » Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:21 am

I'm sorry but I cried wolf when there was none. I was looking at the "to:" column in the upper pane and all it had was the first name that was in the "send to" list. I was unaware that that was how the client worked. I did more testing and found that in fact all were receiving the message. Thanks

PS

can that be configured to show all names that were in the header?
catman915
Poco Tourist

Postby frazmi » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:29 pm

I don't think there's any way to show more than 3 physical lines of "to" addresses. Sorry.
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Michael » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:42 am

To select multiple addresses from the address list you can use either windows selection mode (right click in the address list and toggle the option such that there is a check mark beside "Use windows selection mode".

When this mode is on you can select multiple addresses by holding down the Ctrl key as you select each address. Holding down the "Shift" key while you select addresses causes all addresses between the 1st and last to be selected. If you don't hold down either the Ctrl or Shift key while selecting additional addresses your prior selections are lost.

When windows selection mode is off then you must click on each address to select/unselect it.
Michael

Postby catman915 » Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:34 am

Thanks to all.
catman915
Poco Tourist

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To