[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - PocoMail freezes when downloading attachments or larger emai

PocoMail freezes when downloading attachments or larger emai

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

PocoMail freezes when downloading attachments or larger emai

Postby Eric Gibson » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:50 am

Hi, My Pocomail freezes when downloading any attachment or even larger emails (up to 25 or 30k)... Support said to double the seconds in Network Connections (I did, from 200 up to 400) but that didn't help... Any other thing I could try??

thanks very much,
Eric Gibson
Eric Gibson
New Arrival

Postby robin » Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:19 am

What else are you running? e.g. firewall (which?) anti-virus (which?) any anti-spam (which?). If you are, can you disable them for a short while and then try downloading? What do you see if you try "View mail on server"? - can you download others than the one at the "top" of the queue?
robin

Disabling Virus Auto Scan helps, but I feel unprotected...

Postby Eric Gibson » Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:57 am

Hi, No firewall (except the one built into Windows XP), no Spam program, but I did disable the AutoEmail Virus choice in VCom's SystemSuite 5... that seemed to do the trick.. but now I feel unprotected against viruses that might come by email!

any suggestions?
thanks,
Eric
Eric Gibson
New Arrival

Postby robin » Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:37 am

It sounds like a clash between the AV and PM - but you could probably work that out. I'm not familiar with SystemSuit 5 - does it scan incoming e-mails automatically? : ah, yes, I've just visited the web site.

Couple of other questions - while it is frozen, is there still activity on the internet link (the two little computer screens that flash with internet activity)? If so, then SS5 seems to be still downloading and you may need to extend the timeout.

Can you identify if it is a particular type of e-mail or attachment which is causing the problem?

If you view the e-mails on the server with File -> View mail on server, can you download them one by one.? What happens if you select ones other than the "top" one to download?

If you trip PM into debug mode*, it will make a log of the transactions that take place. Can you post the log (suitably santised to as not to reveal confidential information) here so that we can see it?

[*] debug mode - choose Help -> Pocoscript reference, then hold Control and Shift and click on Contents. If you then try and collect your mail, PM will write DebugLog.txt into the same folder as the PM program file. Of course if PM does not exit cleanly then you may get nothing in the log, but that is a risk!
robin

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To