[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - ini file

ini file

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

ini file

Postby nkoss » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:42 am

In my Pocomail program directory, the only ini file I see is pocosystem.ini. I thought there was supposed to be a poco.ini and an accounts.ini. Anyway, I want to change the location where the data is stored. I see the setting datapath=%mydocs%, which I assume is MyDocuments, since indeed that is where there is a Pocomail folder with all the appropriate data subfolders. And in fact, there is where I see the other ini files. But if I change the datapath, Pocomail does not seem to find the data at the new location. How do I store my data in a different location?
nkoss
Poco Tourist

Re: ini file

Postby Larry » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:51 am

The other ini files are in your applications folder. You don't say which version of Windows you're running but in Vista they are in User\AppData\Roaming\Pocomail. User would be your user name.

I can't comment on the changes you want to make as I've never used anything other than the default installation.

Larry
Larry
Resident Poster

Postby nkoss » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:18 am

I use Windows 7 Pro and since my pocosystem.ini (located in the executable file directory) file says
DataPath=%mydocs%
it has placed my Pocomail directory in MyDocuments (C:\users\<username>\My Documents\pocomail), so I would expect that if I change that designation in the pocosystem.ini, I should be able to change the location of the data, but that does not seem to be true. Is there some other secret?
nkoss
Poco Tourist

Postby dskirk » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:32 am

The easiest way to do this is to use Tools>Options>Directories. Set the Mail entry to the location of your mail directory. This sets the poco.ini in the ApplicationDirectory for you and eliminates your needing to modify the ini yourself.

If you want all Pocomail data in a separate location, edit the Pocosystems.ini in the program files pocomail directory... It probably looks something like this:
[Program]
DataPath=%appdata%

My suggestion:
first, with PM not running, copy the entire data directory to wherever you want it
second, change the DataPath to point to that location
third, restart pocomail.

to confirm, click Help>Email Support>Email Support to see the new AppPath value.
dskirk
Drop-in Visitor

Postby nkoss » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:45 pm

I tried what you suggested about the DataPath in Pocosystems.ini previously and it didn't work, but your suggestion about editing the directories in the options did work and I thank you!!
nkoss
Poco Tourist

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To