[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Imap and local folders

Imap and local folders

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Imap and local folders

Postby christiant-dk » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:16 am

Hi there

Hope to get help about Pocomail, Imap and local folders.
I am so happy I found Pocomail, it suits all my needs (and eyes) I only jave one problem.
I want to use it as Imap, because some mails needs to stay in my inbox for some time, but at a point I need to store some mails in local folders. And here is my problem - it seems like all my local folders are not local - because the mails I store in the local folders stays in my indbox at my Webhotel, because when I access the inbox with another email client, the mails are still there. This means that I will run out of storage space in my inbox in the webhotel.
What do I do to make the local folders really local, so the mails only stays on my hard drive and not in my inbox at the webhotel?

Cheers
Christian
christiant-dk
New Arrival

Re: Imap and local folders

Postby Tomas » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:32 pm

Pocomail has local folders and imap folders. Local folders are stricly local, no connection to imap once downloaded.
If you see same emails in local folders that you have on imap account, check the account settings in Pocomail - likely you have set Pocomail to keep emails on server.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To