[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Transfering PocoMail from old laptop windows xp 2 new laptop

Transfering PocoMail from old laptop windows xp 2 new laptop

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Transfering PocoMail from old laptop windows xp 2 new laptop

Postby freedomrains » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:10 am

Hi Everyone,
I need help here. I have tried to transfer PocoMail to a new machine/laptop without any success. I am facing the same situation presently but have not tried anything yet without the expert advice from here. I have bought a new laptop and need to bring all my emails and accounts to my new laptop. I have not installed Pocomail yet on the new laptop. What is the best way on a new machine to pick up exactly where I left off on the old laptop??

Thanks a mil,
Jacob
freedomrains
New Arrival

Re: Transfering PocoMail from old laptop windows xp 2 new la

Postby Tomas » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:26 pm

If you need to transfer your Pocomail data from one computer to another, the best way is to use the Backup and Restore function.

You can do a fresh installation on new computer, then from Pocomail menu Help > Contents, in help file select Importing Information > Transferring to another computer. It lists detailed steps and alternative possibilities.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Re: Transfering PocoMail from old laptop windows xp 2 new la

Postby freedomrains » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:03 pm

Thanks Tomas, I figured it out from a deep search in past threads.

I just copied my license, then did File> Backup , then copied the folder to the desktop of new machine. Then d/l fresh install free trial, enter my license, then File > Restore on the new machine, everything is back to where I left off. I don't know why but I love PocoMail, I've been using it for about 6-7 years, just the best interface and simple to use email client. Keep up the good work Poco team! Thanks heaps
freedomrains
New Arrival

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To