[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Time for new computer

Time for new computer

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Time for new computer

Postby Fueler » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:33 am

I did not find the answer in the help files and need a review.
My main computer is nearing the end of it's life and a new one is in the works.
If I remember right I am limited to Poco on 3 computers.

What is the procedure for transferring the license?
What does one do about the licensing if computer repair/format/reload or new computer is necessary?

I also ask this also because of the uncertain future of Poco. I intend to hang on to Poco as long as Windows will let me.
Thanks
Dave
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
Fueler
Frequent Visitor

Re: Time for new computer

Postby Tomas » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:58 am

You can use Pocomail on as many computers as you wish, as long as it is for your own use. (There is a limit to number of activation attempts in certain time period but that's rarely a problem.).

> What is the procedure for transferring the license?

If you also need to transfer files you can check the help file for detailed how-to (or I can copy it here if needed).
For license transfer alone, nothing special is needed, just install Pocomail on new computer and activate with your license code through Help > Unlock Evaluation.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Re: Time for new computer

Postby Fueler » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:23 am

Tomas wrote:You can use Pocomail on as many computers as you wish, as long as it is for your own use. (There is a limit to number of activation attempts in certain time period but that's rarely a problem.).

Ahh, very cool. I have 4 computers and originally I think I got locked at 3. Never thought to try the install on the 4th at a later date.
This makes me more comfortable about the future.
Dave
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
Fueler
Frequent Visitor

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To