[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Replying to Emails – Automatic resetting of Fonts

Replying to Emails – Automatic resetting of Fonts

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Replying to Emails – Automatic resetting of Fonts

Postby lillithlefay » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:11 pm

When I reply to an email I keep the history of the previous messages as quoted text.
My problem is that that by keeping the previous message, Pocomail automatically selects the fonts used by the sender, or sometimes their signature settings.
For me, that means for nearly every email I send I have to go to the font settings and change it to my preferred style. This is time consuming and a nuisance, and I can’t work out how to change this in settings. Can anyone help?
Lilly
lillithlefay
New Arrival

Re: Replying to Emails – Automatic resetting of Fonts

Postby Tomas » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:45 am

If you'll select from menu Tools > Options, then Sending Mail/Quoting Text, and in Automatic Headers in Reply tab, try to insert new line by placing the cursor before the line with variables and pressing Enter.
If it's not enabled, tick "Insert Header" and make one empty line there.

If that will not help, you can also try to create Reply template. More details are in the help file. You can create one through menu Tools > Templates.
It should contain %qbody% tag so that quoted text from the message you are replying to is inserted.
You can also include your signature or any other text there, using your preferred formatting.

Once saved you can select message to reply to, for test purposes, then use menu Message > Reply with Template, to see whether that would work.
In case it will improve situation, you can then edit your account to enable the template created to be used as default reply template for that account.
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Re: Replying to Emails – Automatic resetting of Fonts

Postby lillithlefay » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:02 pm

The empty line trick worked!
Thank you Tomas for a very elegant and simple solution.
lillithlefay
New Arrival

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To