[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - How to create button for "Page Setup"

How to create button for "Page Setup"

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

How to create button for "Page Setup"

Postby Sabine2 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:28 pm

Good morning everybody,

The button "Print" in the main toolbar immediately starts the printer to print. With this button there's no possibility to adjust printing settings (B/W or Color, Nbr of copies, print-quality etc..) in advance. This is only possible via the menu "File" > "Page Setup...". I did not find this entry in the customization pane > available toolbar buttons. Is there a possibility to create a button in the main toolbar for the function "Page Setup" and if so, how to do ?

Thanks and regards

Sabine
Sabine2
Drop-in Visitor

Re: How to create button for "Page Setup"

Postby MarkB » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:35 pm

Sabine, there is no such ready-made button that I know of, and no command tag. If you want to be bothered messing with a script, please see the topic with the same title in the scripts forum below.
MarkB
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Tomas » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:15 pm

The print script looks cool Mark! I forgot Pocoscript could be used to do things like that.

Button can be made to launch the print preview window, ie. same thing that you open through menu File > Print. It's not directly the print setup window though - that one is one click away from there.
The command tag is:
/menu/print
Tomas
Tomas
Pillar of the Community

Postby Sabine2 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:29 am

Thank you very much Mark and Tomas,

I've created the button and with the script it works perfect. However, I discovered, that with the function "Page Setup" I cannot send the page directly to the printer. I need to close the "Page Setup"-window and use the button "Print" on the toolbar to finally have the mail printed. Also in the "Page Setup"-window I cannot select which page(s) of a mail I want to have printed and how many copies of it. This of course has nothing to do with your script Mark. The script works fine as it is. Thanks for that !
I find the proposal of Tomas very interesting though because in the "Preview Form" it is possible to select which page(s) I want to have printed and how many copies of it I want. Aso I can have the page(s) printed directly, without having to return to the "Print" button on the toolbar at the main program window.
My question now : would it be possible to modify your script so the result would be the opening of the window "Printing". That is the window that pops up, whenn you push the button "Print" on the left corner of the Preview Form.

Thanks in advance and have a nice weekend to everybody.

Sabine
Sabine2
Drop-in Visitor

Postby MarkB » Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:18 am

Hi, Sabine. The moderators are fairly strict about script-related discussion outside the scripts forum, so I will post a reply there.
MarkB
Poco Enthusiast

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To