[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Not importing emails correctly?

Not importing emails correctly?

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Not importing emails correctly?

Postby youradds » Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:25 am

Hi guys and gals. First of all, let me congratulate. This is by far the best/fastest email client I have used in a loooong time =)

I'm just trying to import emails from Outlook XP. The import process says;

Successfully imported 469 messages from 19 folders.
Import took 3 minutes, 49 seconds.

... but when I go into PocoMail ... it says there are just the original emails?

TIA for any help/advice you can give me. I really wanna get this all going; and fully drop M$ Outlook, as its a pile of rubbish in my view :(

Cheers

Andy
youradds
New Arrival

Postby Alpha » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:32 am

Before you import your data, make sure you specify the correct source and destination folders. If you look inside the destination folder that you set (or whatever the default is), I suspect you will find the imported data. If you want to see the imported data inside PocoMail, then the destination folder should be the Mail folder inside the main PocoMail directory. In addition, keep an eye on the options you set before import.
Alpha

Postby youradds » Thu Aug 05, 2004 3:45 am

Alpha wrote:Before you import your data, make sure you specify the correct source and destination folders. If you look inside the destination folder that you set (or whatever the default is), I suspect you will find the imported data. If you want to see the imported data inside PocoMail, then the destination folder should be the Mail folder inside the main PocoMail directory. In addition, keep an eye on the options you set before import.

Sorry, it was a stupid mistake on my end. They had been imported. I just didn't see the "Outlook" folder that was created; with all the imported messages.

Thanks for the reply though :)

Cheers

Andy
youradds
New Arrival

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To