[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Cutting & Pasting with Styled Text

Cutting & Pasting with Styled Text

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Cutting & Pasting with Styled Text

Postby clambert11 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 9:27 am

You guys are going to think I am a styled text maniac. I'm not really. Sometimes I just like to use colored text, boldface, italics, or hyperlinks to accent an email.

At any rate, when I cut and paste a selection of styled text in a new email, it does not appear to copy the styles. If I paste it, the styles are gone. I tried the option to paste styled and that doesn't appear to work either.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Craig
clambert11
Poco Tourist

Postby frazmi » Thu Aug 05, 2004 12:57 pm

It works for me... That is, I can open a new message, do some bolding and font stuff, copy the styled text, and paste it into the message somewhere else.

However, there are a couple of bug reports on the issue of pasting styled content. See Bug Traction and search for paste styled.

One report dealt with pasting images, but you might try the solution: Hit {Enter} immediately after doing {Paste Special}. That might work.
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Postby frazmi » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:02 pm

AHA!
I did a little more experimentation...

Suppose you start with a message that's PLAIN text, and type some stuff. Then turn on STYLED and type and format some stuff.
If you copy something from the STYLED area and paste it into the previously plain area, it reverts to plain. If you copy it into an area that's styled, it remains styled.

The same thing happens if you start with a STYLED message but don't change any formatting -- that is, if you start with the default fonts, sizes and colors. Until you style something, paste into the "unstyled zone" will not preserve styles of the pasted text.

This is not what I'd expect, and seems like a minor bug to me. Any comments?
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Georges » Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:46 pm

Craig,
This problem has been reported many times and no solution so far.
For me, it is the most annoying problem I have to deal with PM.

Copy-paste does not work inside the same window.
Copy-paste does not work when copying in a window and pasting to another one.
Copy-paste does work when dragging from one window to another one (for example, if 2 compose windows are opened, dragging from one to the other keeps the style).

Copy-paste is a basic function and must be a priority for the PM team.
Georges

Postby clambert11 » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:46 pm

Oh well. Thanks for the info guys. Even though I keep finding little annoyances, I still can't help but really like this client.

Hopefully it's something they will address soon.

-- Craig
clambert11
Poco Tourist

Postby frazmi » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:24 am

Georges, I searched bug traction and didn't find anything addressing this issue. Have you submitted a bug report, or did I miss one?
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Postby clambert11 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 4:28 am

frazmi wrote:Georges, I searched bug traction and didn't find anything addressing this issue. Have you submitted a bug report, or did I miss one?

It's probably more of an oversight than an actual bug. Who knows. I just hope it's something they are looking into.

-- Craig
clambert11
Poco Tourist

Postby Georges » Fri Aug 06, 2004 12:43 pm

frazmi wrote:
Have you submitted a bug report, or did I miss one?

I do not remember.
As I am not very friendly with Bug Traction, I will appreciate your cooperation for submitting the problem (if you can confirm it on your side of course)
Georges

Postby frazmi » Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:27 pm

OK, I've added Bug 1122 - Copy/Paste not fully implemented to Bug Traction, with a link to this thread.
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Postby clambert11 » Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:05 pm

frazmi wrote:OK, I've added Bug 1122 - Copy/Paste not fully implemented to Bug Traction, with a link to this thread.

Cool! You da man!
clambert11
Poco Tourist

Postby wwsadmin@wwsadmin.net » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:22 am

I do not even find a bug 1122 in bug traction! goes from 1121 to 1126 I know nada about bug taraction, just signed up so maybe I don't know what I am doing, but if they are listed sequentially, which they appear to be, there is no 1122.

I wanted, if possible, to add my own two cents to this whole mildly annoying lack of features in Barca
http://pocosystems.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=511

Oh well, shouldn't be too hard for them to add tihs most basic of "windows features" that is in virtually every editing, email program around. I think even AOL mail now has it, wonder of wonders. :lol: Hard to figure why it was left out, but I do like the client alot so for now am living with it.
wwsadmin@wwsadmin.net
Poco Tourist

Postby Eric » Mon Aug 30, 2004 12:54 am

wwsadmin@wwsadmin.net wrote:I do not even find a bug 1122 in bug traction! goes from 1121 to 1126 I know nada about bug taraction, just signed up so maybe I don't know what I am doing, but if they are listed sequentially, which they appear to be, there is no 1122.
Just enter the number in Bug #: and press enter, the search engine will display the bug and its details or use the above link. :wink:
Eric

Postby wwsadmin@wwsadmin.net » Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:03 am

Thanks, yes I later found there are different categories of bug reprots and I was only looking at whatever the first category that comes up is. :oops: Thanks.
wwsadmin@wwsadmin.net
Poco Tourist

Postby frazmi » Wed Sep 01, 2004 2:36 am

Also, the post which reported the addition of the bug to bug traction had an active link to the bug report -- just click the link to open the report.

However, the default colors on the forum somethimes make it difficult to see a hyperlink, so perhaps that's what happened -- or didn't happen.
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Pete » Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:26 am

The problem that I've always had with clicking on a Bug Traction link is that it just goes to BT's login page rather than directly to the bug report. So I always have to manually select the project and type the bug number. It's quite inconvenient.
Pete

Next

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To