[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - New Message from Template is not working properly

New Message from Template is not working properly

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

New Message from Template is not working properly

Postby frazmi » Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:32 pm

I have Plain as my default. When I want to send a styled message, I use a template called "Styled".

I can open a new message using Message | New Message from Template and selecting my styled template. Message opens OK and the new message has Styled set as the message type.

However, the font settings that I specified for the message body are ignored. (Font name, font size, bolding, color -- all ignored). The new message opens with the default font for Plain messages.
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Postby frazmi » Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:40 pm

Has anybody else seen this, or am I the Lone Ranger here?
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Postby COD » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:27 am

Do you have always use plain selected in the options? It seems like that could over ride your template specific settings.
COD
Resident Poster

Postby Eric » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:34 am

COD wrote:Do you have always use plain selected in the options? It seems like that could over ride your template specific settings.
It sure does override your settings as we saw this during the Beta-testing of Barca, so maybe it applies to Poco too. :wink:
Eric

Postby frazmi » Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:39 am

I changed the setting to "Always use styled" with no change in behavior.

Let me explain what's happening in more detail.

If I do not select Options | Sending Mail | Default Body Format | Use the following font for the message body, then the message compose window always opens with Tahoma 10 points set as the font size.

If I select that option, for example, making Times Roman 12 point the font, then the message compose window always opens with Times Roman 12 point set as the font size.

Now, looking at the templates... Basically, I can't change the font of the template. That is, the drop down list shows many fonts and font sizes, which I am allowed to select. But after saving and reopening the template, the body font is reset to Tahoma or Times Roman, depending on the setting of the check box. And if I start a new message with the template (Message | New Message from Template), the font is still Tahoma and/or Times Roman.

All other aspects of templates work. I can insert text, etc. The setting of Styled or Plain sticks. It's just the fonts, sizes and colors of the text that don't work.

However, if I put %body% in the template, and format it to some font, then this font becomes the font used if I select Reply Using Template. In other words, when I use a template to reply, it works as I expect. When I use a template for a new message, I does not work.
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To