[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - how ro remove the messages from the server ?

how ro remove the messages from the server ?

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

how ro remove the messages from the server ?

Postby alexya » Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:22 am

I let my messages on the mail server of my provider, so i can read my messages from differents places.
Is there any possibility to remove unwanted messages from the server and leave the others on the mail server ?
alexya
New Arrival

Postby tallcangal » Sat Aug 07, 2004 8:56 am

The easiest way to do it in PM is to use the view mail on server function for each account. For each account you want to delete messages, mark them as delete. After that, process them so it does delete.
tallcangal
Frequent Visitor

Postby alexya » Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:20 am

thanks . it's quite not very easy. i used Calypso in the past and with a click on the message with the right button of the mouse, there is an option to remove from the server. I thought there was something similar on Pocomail that i didn't discover yet .
alexya
New Arrival

Postby tallcangal » Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:49 am

There is also one other option you may want to consider as well aside from viewing and processing on the server.

In your account settings for each account, you have LMOS. If you have that checked, you can always specify to delete the messages after a set amount of days as well.

Just one more option :wink:
tallcangal
Frequent Visitor

Postby Tigger » Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:05 am

Also under "Leave Mail On Server", there's a checkbox option to "Remove from server when emptied from Trash". This should make it much easier for you to delete unwanted mail from the server.
Tigger
Drop-in Visitor

Postby tallcangal » Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:26 am

One thing I have found about LMOS and delete when emptied from trash is that it doesn't work for me and others. It's a little quirk and has been brought up. Hopefully it will be fixed though.
tallcangal
Frequent Visitor

Postby frazmi » Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:57 pm

I used to think the same thing -- but I just tested the interaction of LMOS and the "Delete from server when deleted from trash" functionality -- and it's working flawlessly on my system.

I do seem to remember having a problem when I changed the LMOS settings. For example, if my LMOS was set to 10 days, and I ran Poco for two weeks or so, and then changed LMOS to 2 days, and then deleted (in Poco) a message that was 6 days old -- this could be a problem. Sometimes Poco got out of synch, and didn't delete the message from the server when it was deleted from trash. I have not tested that situation recently, so it may or may not be valid.
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Postby tallcangal » Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:46 pm

Something must be wrong with my setup then if my messages aren't deleting after emptied from trash and works for you Frazmi. Not only that, but it's the same thing if you empty the junk folder--still on server.

Not only does this occur in PM, but its new sister as well. :?

Oh well. At least it doesn't get to me too much. I love the client over and over!
tallcangal
Frequent Visitor

Postby frazmi » Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:22 am

Here's something to try if you have webmail access to the account:
1) Set an account to LMOS=OFF
2) Download messages.
3) Shut down Poco.
4) Log in to webmail interface, and delete any messages that are still there (I'll bet there are quite a few).

5) Now, with a clean account (i.e., no pending messages on the server), restart Poco.
6) Run a few days with this setup.
--- Delete some messages and delete them from trash.
--- Leave some messages undeleted and on the server.

If messages still are not deleted on server when deleted from trash, then I'm out of ideas for the moment. Stop this "script".

If messages are being deleted on the server as indicated by the Poco setting, continue...

7) Change LMOS setting to 3 days on server.
8 ) Run 4 days with this setup. Make sure you get at least 2 messages for each day. Don't delete any messages.
9) Change LMOS setting to 1 day on server.
10) Delete 1 message for each day, leaving one message for each day. Then delete these messages from Trash.
11) Check mail.

My prediction:
In the "clean" situation, "delete messages on server when deleted from trash" will work....

But some messages will not be deleted once you shange the LMOS settings the second time, that is, leaving some messages in the "twilight zone" between the 3-day and 1-day LMOS settings.
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Postby tallcangal » Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:30 am

Will try it out. Thanks Frazmi! :D

Will let you know the results.
tallcangal
Frequent Visitor

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To