[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Poco mail can't get emails in SP2

Poco mail can't get emails in SP2

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Poco mail can't get emails in SP2

Postby lumpy » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:54 am

I just downloaded and installed the final release - network / IT - version of SP2 that I got from the MSoft site.

Installed OK and no problems except Pocomail can't get out to get my emails. I know there are some waiting as Mailwasher sees them.

Poco gives the error
Socket error #10065 no route to host.

Pocomail Version 3.03 build 1740.

I run Agnitum Outpost firewall, I have not changed the setting in it.
SP2 firewall is completely disabled. I say disabled bacause there are a few settings to disable.

You can disable the firewall from an icon in the sys tray, but that does not completely disable it.
You need to go to start / control panel / windows firewall,
check all the tabs.

Any ideas please.
Last edited by lumpy on Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Best Regards
Lumpy
lumpy
Poco Tourist

Postby robin » Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:12 am

Go into Agnitum applications setting and delete PocoMail from the list of allowed programmes then try again - Agnitum should ask you again to confirm that you want to allow PM to access the Internet.

Let us know what happens.

I haven't used XPSP2 yet so don't know about the built-in firewall.
robin

Postby lumpy » Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:16 am

Robin,
Did that, in fact, I selected new configuration.

I've just un-installed pocomail and am just about to re-install it.

Yes, of course I'll let you know what happens.
Best Regards
Lumpy
lumpy
Poco Tourist

Postby lumpy » Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:28 am

Problem Solved.

Re-installing didn't help.

I use Mailwasher and an associated little program Benign that checks emails for various things.

Exiting it, and removing the reference to it from the pocomail accounts was the fix.

I'm really glad to get it fixed.

SP2 look good, no problems now.
Best Regards
Lumpy
lumpy
Poco Tourist

Postby robin » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:31 am

Good news all round then :D Which version of Outpost are you using because I've seen mixed reports about it with SP2?
robin

Postby nippa » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:02 am

I was also having problems with Pocomail since putting SP2 on this afternoon as I mentioned in another thread.
Twice the thing has frozen on me but as I had other things to do and another email client , I moved on.

I'm not having a good time with this Upgrade but as I type Pocomail is working perfectly...hope it stays that way :roll:
nippa
New Arrival

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To