[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - problems with undescore in email-adresses

problems with undescore in email-adresses

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

problems with undescore in email-adresses

Postby Metallurge » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:06 am

Hi!
I'm experiencing problems if I want to answer to an email from a user who has an underscore "_" in his adress.
This underscore will be replaced by a blank " " and the answer will never reach its destination :(
Is this a misconfiguration in my Poco (version 3.01) or a general problem? Fix or workaround available?

TIA
Metallurge
Metallurge
New Arrival

Postby frazmi » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:26 am

I think I've seen that once or twice, but I can't remember the circumstances. I think it was a malformed return address, however.

You can try putting the email address in brackets, like this:
<foo_bar@somewhere.net>

Also, if the return address has a text part, like "Foo Bar", try deleting the text part and just leaving the bare email address.

I think one (or both) should preserve the underscore.
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Metallurge » Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:42 am

wow, thanks for the fast answer!

The problem only appears while replying.

for example:
"User T <user_t@xyz.com>" will be converted to
"User T <user t@xyz.com>".
No Reply-to-adress is set, so From-adress is used.

I also have the user in my adressbook as "User T <user_t@xyz.com>", bouncing the originally missguided message works prefect.

So: IMO Poco has no problem with underscores in general, but obviously within adresses while replying.
Always fixing these adresses before sending manually is a little bit ...
Metallurge
New Arrival

Postby Andreas » Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:17 am

This was a known bug in older PocoMail versions, but it has already been fixed. Updating you PocoMail installation to the current version should fix the problem.
Andreas
Poco Enthusiast

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To