[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Multiple Users

Multiple Users

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Multiple Users

Postby Newcastle_Surfer » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:05 pm

I know it's easy to add new users to use Pocomail but can the login be passworded?

I set up my sister with her own user account but it didn't ask for a password. Apart from the fact that her E mail messages will be kept sperate from mine I don't see any point in it if it's not secure.

I know that incoming and outgoing messages can be encrypted to to prevent prying eyes but the password can be seen and easily removed in the account setup option.

Am I missing something here?
Newcastle_Surfer
Poco Tourist

Postby tallcangal » Fri Aug 13, 2004 8:28 pm

There is one sort of way this can be done since you have multiple users.

For each account, you probably want a password to access. Go to Tools-->Options-->Privacy and Security...and check prompt for password on startup and set the password. You have to do this for each account though.

I am also assuming you are on a shared computer and not a network, so as far as I know, you would have to close your instance of PM when you're done and the next party would have to open it and vice versa. When you start up PM, it would first tell you to select user from a list box. Soon after, before the program opens in full, it will ask for THAT account password to open it up.

That's what I know. It does work though. Maybe more help if I'm missing something or other???
tallcangal
Frequent Visitor

Postby frazmi » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:20 am

Newcastle_Surfer wrote
but the password can be seen and easily removed in the account setup option.
On my system the password is hidden by asterisks. Are you seeing plain text?

Anyway, you should make sure the box to prompt for password when entering account setup is checked.
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Multiple Users

Postby Newcastle_Surfer » Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:57 am

Thanks for the info.

Everything sorted now.

I can still see plain text in the encrypt message password bit in the account setup but I'm not too bothered about it.

Thanks again
Newcastle_Surfer
Poco Tourist

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To