[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Access Violation on deletion of threaded topics

Access Violation on deletion of threaded topics

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

PocoMail and Unicode

Postby DavidMD » Mon Aug 16, 2004 6:25 am

Hello, 'tallcangal'.

tallcangal wrote:One sort of temporary "workaround" until the support exists in PM would be a bit of a pain but would work.

You could always compose the message in word in unicode and attach it to your email message as an attachment.

Sloppy? Yes. Will it work? Yes. Now for the decision... ;)

Thank you for your message, and the suggestion.

Right now, the easiest thing for me to do, if I do not want to use Outlook, is to use The Bat! 2.X (which does not offer Unicode support yet, either) and set my default character set ('charset') as KOI8-R, which works for messages containing Russian and English text.

Of course, things get tricky if I also want to include KOI8-U (Ukrainian) text in a message that contains KOI8-R (Russian) text. Outlook handles this function automatically, although I have sent only one message that contained both Russian and Ukrainian Cyrillic text.

I really want to use PocoMail as my replacement for Outlook, for a variety of reasons, including documentation, support, and this useful forum.

In five years, Unicode support will probably be standard for software such as e-mail clients, but I realize that the implementation of such international standards presents a multitude of technical challenges.

Thanks!

Cordially,

David
David M. Dickerson
URL: http://ddickerson.igc.org/
"In a world of absurdity, we must invent
reason; we must create beauty out of
nothingness." -- Elie Wiesel
DavidMD
Poco Tourist

Previous

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To