[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Get rid of html on save

Get rid of html on save

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Get rid of html on save

Postby Ronald Gordon » Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:06 am

I like to save all messages as plain ascii dos text because I do a lot of clip&paste with manuscript changes from writers. Is there a way to completely remove html tags on save. The Strip and Sanitize actions don't seem to suit my purpose because they work only in Preview.

About the only thing that works is to ctrl/A select everything in the preview pane and then save that selection as dos text. It really becomes tedious when a writer wants to change fifty words in twenty lines spaced out over the entire manuscript. The saved file has a mountain of tags which I then have to sort through. If I didn't receive so much mail, I could just ctrl/A the Preview and work on each document at that time, but there is too much mail. I need to save these updates and then catchup when I have the opportunity.

I speak only for myself. Saving in eml or html may benefit others but it is a waste of time for me.

Thanks,
Ron
Ronald Gordon
New Arrival

Re: Get rid of html on save

Postby Eric » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:23 am

Hi Ron & welcome to Poco Forum, :D
:oops: Sorry for the late reply, but somehow I & others missed this topic.
Ronald Gordon wrote:I like to save all messages as plain ascii dos text because I do a lot of clip&paste with manuscript changes from writers. Is there a way to completely remove html tags on save. The Strip and Sanitize actions don't seem to suit my purpose because they work only in Preview.
:roll: Maybe it's possible through a script, but I'm not the expert about this.

May I suggest posting your question into the script section with the specific details of what you want.

I hope someone can help you with it. :wink:
Eric

Postby frazmi » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:30 pm

Hi, Ron,
Here's a link to a script that might be helpful.
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Postby Ronald Gordon » Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:54 am

Thanks, guys. Clippy is just the ticket. I set a user button to start the script and that cleaned out everything.
Ronald Gordon
New Arrival

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To