[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - Bugs and 'crossgrade' from German to English Pocomail 3.1

Bugs and 'crossgrade' from German to English Pocomail 3.1

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

Bugs and 'crossgrade' from German to English Pocomail 3.1

Postby udokle » Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:14 am

Hi,

I'd like to change from German Pocomail 3.1 to the English version. I had big trouble when I tried it with version 3.03. Is there a proven way to 'crossgrade' from German to English Pocomail?

The main reason I'd like to change are severe bugs in the German version. Unfortunately I get no further German support after one initial answer. I really hope the bugs are only in localized version of Pocomail 3.1. Maybe you know about them. The most severe bugs are:

- HTML parts of some mails are simply lost in Pocomail. I.e. I get a newsletter which is about 350k HTML code (Pocomail tells me in the message list). I've found no way to read the HTML part of the mail. It's neither presented in the mail viewer nor forwarded nor otherwise sent or exported. It's simply lost.

- Images in HTML mail are only sent if I they are imported from a drive. Images from the clipboard are shown in the message editor but not sent. The receiver gets an empty image link.

Regards
Udo
udokle
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Mon Aug 16, 2004 2:52 am

Hi Udo & welcome to Poco Forum, :)

udokle wrote:I'd like to change from German Pocomail 3.1 to the English version. I had big trouble when I tried it with version 3.03. Is there a proven way to 'crossgrade' from German to English Pocomail?
:roll: Isn't the English version the same as the German version, apart from the translation? You can download the English version from here. Because you've version 3.1, the only thing you've to do is importing your data from the German install into the English version. (build 1880)
:) No need to crossgrade.
The main reason I'd like to change are severe bugs in the German version. Unfortunately I get no further German support after one initial answer. I really hope the bugs are only in localized version of Pocomail 3.1. Maybe you know about them. The most severe bugs are:
- HTML parts of some mails are simply lost in Pocomail. I.e. I get a newsletter which is about 350k HTML code (Pocomail tells me in the message list). I've found no way to read the HTML part of the mail. It's neither presented in the mail viewer nor forwarded nor otherwise sent or exported. It's simply lost.
:roll: That could be due to incorrect HTML. If you want, you can send these messages to support AT pocomail.com for analysis with reference to this thread.

Images in HTML mail are only sent if I they are imported from a drive. Images from the clipboard are shown in the message editor but not sent. The receiver gets an empty image link.
Take a look here.

I hope this helps. ;)
Eric

Postby udokle » Wed Aug 18, 2004 12:22 am

Hi Eric,

:roll: Isn't the English version the same as the German version, apart from the translation? You can download the English version from here. Because you've version 3.1, the only thing you've to do is importing your data from the German install into the English version. (build 1880)
:) No need to crossgrade.

That's the way I did it with 3.03 but failed. The English version crashed when the messages were imported from German version. Maybe I should try it again with 3.1...

Images in HTML mail are only sent if I they are imported from a drive. Images from the clipboard are shown in the message editor but not sent. The receiver gets an empty image link.
Take a look here.

I hope this helps. ;)

It's a different problem. Here is the way to (maybe) reproduce the bug:
    Create a new message in html format
    Copy an image from somewhere into Windows clipboard
    Paste clipboard content into html mail
    Send the mail

Although the message editor shows the image it is missing in the mail. Even in Pocomail's sent folder the image is missing.

Regards
Udo
udokle
New Arrival

Postby Eric » Wed Aug 18, 2004 5:38 am

Hi Udo
udokle wrote:That's the way I did it with 3.03 but failed. The English version crashed when the messages were imported from German version. Maybe I should try it again with 3.1...
It should work, but I don't understand why one version would crash.
Were they running at the same time, when you imported? Just looking for a cause why it's crashing.
Maybe an online check while importing.
You can try it with version 3.1 to see if this crashing reoccurs.
It's a different problem. Here is the way to (maybe) reproduce the bug:
    Create a new message in html format
    Copy an image from somewhere into Windows clipboard
    Paste clipboard content into html mail
    Send the mail
Although the message editor shows the image it is missing in the mail. Even in Pocomail's sent folder the image is missing.
:oops: Sorry for misreading your post.

:roll: At present you can't send an image inside the body.

Try doing it differently.
1. Create new styled message
2. Through the menu: Insert -> Image and select the image on your HD , paste inside body & save as Draft.

Looking at the message inside Draft, you'll see the message, but the image can be found inside the attachment pane.

Receiving the message shows the same. :P

You're correct about the Copy & Paste, it doesn't send the image.

Maybe this bug has been entered before into Bug Traction.

Bug Traction
1. Go to Bug Traction http://halostatue.ca/bz/bt.cgi?action=login
2. Enter an email address and a password.
3. Choose the "PocoMail" project from the drop-down box.
4. Click "Submit" if you've already registered, otherwise click "Register".

In the previous forum there was frazmi's workaround to first create a template, but I can't recall the procedure for this.
Eric

Postby udokle » Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:42 am

Thanks Eric. I couldn't find the bug so I entered a new one.

Regards
Udo
udokle
New Arrival

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To