[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 2208: Array to string conversion
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Poco Forums • View topic - PocoMail Freezing!

PocoMail Freezing!

Help and advice on using PocoMail

Moderators: Eric, Tomas, robin

PocoMail Freezing!

Postby bjawnie » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:14 am

Hi,

I am having trouble with PocoMail. When I start up and e-mails have been transferred to my computer and I click on one of the PocoMail totally freezes up. It is weird because I have used it before I formatted my computer but now it kills it self.

I did drag and drop some of my old PocoMail ini files over into the new directory. I dont know if this could have coursed the mishaps but I have tried to reinstall and uninstall and then install again removing all files and deleting the PocoMail directory.

Cheers
bjawnie
bjawnie
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Pete » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:24 am

Are you using a different network card or video card on your new computer?
Pete

Re: PocoMail Freezing!

Postby Eric » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:32 am

Hi bjawnie & welcome to Poco Forum, :D
bjawnie wrote:I am having trouble with PocoMail. When I start up and e-mails have been transferred to my computer and I click on one of the PocoMail totally freezes up. It is weird because I have used it before I formatted my computer but now it kills it self.
:roll: You said you formatted your HD. Was the backup of Poco burned to CD, without putting it into a ZIP-file first?
If so, these backup files are marked 'READ ONLY'. So when you copied them back, they still have this attribute checked.

Close Pocomail and you use explorer to change the attributes of all files in the Poco directory by unchecking the 'READ ONLY' attribute.

:!: Poco needs to have access to all files to work properly.

I hope this helps! :wink:
Eric

Postby bjawnie » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:32 am

Hi,

No I didnt roast the files, I had them stored on another HD, so sadly they are not Read Only. Thanks though.

Cheers
bjawnie
bjawnie
Drop-in Visitor

Postby bjawnie » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:35 am

Pete wrote:Are you using a different network card or video card on your new computer?

Ehm.. yes both are different. Could that have something to do with the freezing? I dont understand how it could since, like I wrote, I have had unintalled the whole ting and even manually deleted the PocoMail dir. and then installed it over again. Perhaps some options have been saved to the Reg. DB?

Cheers
bjawnie
bjawnie
Drop-in Visitor

Postby Pete » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:52 am

Some network/video cards have had trouble with PocoMail in the past. I recommend that you search the forums with the brand names (e.g. nvidia). There is a lot more information in the previous forums, but those are not back online yet.
Pete

Postby bjawnie » Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:56 am

Hi,

Okay, thanks will do that.

Cheers
bjawnie
bjawnie
Drop-in Visitor

Postby frazmi » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:17 pm

bjawnie, you didn't mention how you transferred the message files from the old installation to the new one. If you just copied the mail directory, you might have a hard disk problem -- either a defective sector or a bad file structure (on either the old HD or the new one).

If you simply copied the directory (which usually works OK, although I prefer the following procedure), here's a suggestion:
1) Copy the old Poco directory from your backup HD to a new location on the new HD.
2) Do another (fresh) installation of Poco to a new location.
3) Choose the "If you are upgrading from another version of PocoMail or Barca please proceed here" option the first time you start the new Poco instance.

If this procedure works, I'd suggest a throrough check of both HDs.
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Postby bjawnie » Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:01 pm

Hi,

Well now I have tried all the suggestions plus a dozen others and still PocoMail hangs it self. Think I am gonna have to say bye bye to Poco :(

This is a sad day for a PocoMail user.
bjawnie
Drop-in Visitor

Postby frazmi » Thu Aug 19, 2004 2:19 pm

bjawnie, have you checked to make sure that all your video, printer and network drivers are current? Although it may not seem logical, they do impact the stability of any application, including Poco, that does lot's of manipulation of the graphical interface.

Another thing to try: Reduce the amount of graphics card hardware acceleration that Windows uses.
frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Postby bjawnie » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:22 pm

Hi,

Yes I have tried both now, still the same old story. Thanks though :)
bjawnie
Drop-in Visitor

Postby frazmi » Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:46 pm

frazmi
Poco Enthusiast

Return to PocoMail Help and How-To